SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CGPA

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

After doing Dry test run it was found that the there is a difference of small margin in CGPA Calculation done from SAP system when compared with Client Calculation figure. The formula used for calculating the CGPA by both of us are same.

The main reason was that the SGPA were not getting updated when they were doing mass grade calculation for certain students both for Regular run and even after supplementary exams calculations when we checked the table PIQDBPI_PINDEX.

But the Student’s Grades were getting updated successfully when they were running the grades calculation again for selected students whose grades were not updated in first calculation run.

I have checked the BADI's also for performance index calculation it is working fine. What could be the probable reason for not updating SGPA for certain students?

Thanks in Advance

Jaivardhan Sah

4 REPLIES 4

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jaivardhan, we're not using performance indices yet, but we've done a lot of testing on DEV server some time ago. We had problems when a student follows 2 programs of study at the same time, and the modules he/she books to are contained in both programs. The reason is the following: when a book is executed in SLcM, there is a "context" defined (you can't see this) where the book relates the student, module and program of study. If this is done via Tx PIQST00/PIST10 you're first step is to choose a student, then a program of study, then an academic period and finally the module. If this process is done via web (with RFC functions as we do for most of our bookings and cancellations) you have to define this context in the parameters of the RFC function.

What we got for a student with 2 programs of study was: a booking with a context to program of study 1, bot not for program of study 2.

Indices are calculated based on contexts, so the index for SC1 is correct, but not for SC2.

Could this be the reason for you problem too?

Are solution: we developed a Z report to be run at night identifying bookins during the last 24hs and checking if there is a context for the programs of study the student pursues. If not, and if the module is contained in the program of study, we create the context.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions...

Here a student follows only one program of study we don't have concept of following 2 programs.

Can u tell me how u define context for program of study so that i can check once...

Thanks

Jaivardhan

0 Kudos

OK. The quickest way to check is through Tx PIQST00.

To show you an example I created a "John Doe" student and registered him to 2 programs of study. Both share a lot of modules. In Tx PIQST00 I selected the program of study CONT-2005 and booked him to module CNF0311.

The following picture shows his registered to the 2 programs of study. There you click on the button [Academic Work Overview]

Next screen you get the full list of booked modules, without a program of study filter:

If you click on the program of study option, one of the program of studies appears automatically, showing the modules booked with the conext created. In the image the program of study is the same with which I booked him, so the module is shown:

If I change to the second program of study, the module disappears because there is no context for it:

Follow these steps to see if all your expected modules appear.

Cheers,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for a quick response..

This is working fine in our case also...only concern is when running grade calculation it is skipping updation of grades(SGPA) of certain students as a whole and even in PIQDBPI_PINDEX table. I wanted to know why this is happening and what is the probable solution for that.

Regards,

Jaivardhan