cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we model trimester periodicity in PAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a reporting requirement on a trimester basis (every 4 months).  We are trying to find out how to model that in PAS and show this as a period in SSM.  I have seen some answers loading data monthly and using LAST function to make this work. I am not sure we can make this work.

Please help with this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Al,

Just to be sure, did you mean trimester/Quater (3 months) Triannual (4 months) ?

Regardless of the time consolidation you set to a KPI in PAS (ej. LAST or SUM) you can create a report in SSM UI for any choosen period, the difference will be how values are aggregated to compose the trimester value showen in this report.

Lets say all of your KPIs have a monthly periodicity and you create a trimester report en SSM, then:

-KPIs set to LAST in PAS will show the last month data of this KPI in the report.

Ej. Results of the KPI1: JAN 100, FEB 100, MAR 300

In the Trimester Report the result of this KPI is 300 (because its set to LAST value).

-KPIs set to SUM in PAS will show the aggregation of the montly values of the trimester.

Ej. Results of the KPI2: JAN 100, FEB 100, MAR 300

In the Trimester Report the result of this KPI is 500 (because its set to SUM all values to compose a greater period, in this case, Trimester.).

In both cases, you could in the first place create in PAS these KPIs with a QUARTERLY periodicity, and directly load data for the given trimester, the down side, is that you would loose granularity of the data, but this depends of course of the business requirement.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jazmin.  I was asking about every 4 months reporting.

Can we set a periodicity in PAS for every 4 months?

Are we able to select this as period in the scorecard table view ( currently the table view period drop down list shows month, quarter, semi-annual and year ). 

0 Kudos

Hi Al,

I think at the moment there is no cuatrimestral (4 months period) option available as an dropdown period selection on the SSM UI, probably because it is not very common... to me it sounds like a SAP customization you could look in to if it is really necessary..

Regarding PAS there isn't this periodicity option either as far as I know.

But anyway you could  still create these KPIs as monthly and create a report en SSM or Legacy Report selecting a 4 months time range.

Regards,