Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD beginner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have 5+ years of exp in Support domain and into CRM,SAP and other applications as well.

Am having average knowledge and very less exposure to SAP but am thinking to do sap sd certfication to concentrate in one domain/application/module for future.

Since I have suported Supply chain users and providing support to idoc errors,am pretty much interested to do SAP SD certification and focus more into SAP SD module.

I dont want to spend 3.5L in institute like siemens or Atos and try in that way...Am going to work hard by self study and appear for certification exam. Is this right move? please advise.

Also doing certifications with my experience is right move ?

Am not going to search job outside once I done my successful certification planning to move internally within company is this right plan?

How long do I need to prepare and appear for certification?

Please advise me and your expertise will help me out further.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Decision to do certification on SAP-SD,you need to take a Letter from your Company that you have worked on SAP supporting and submit the same to SAP labs india (bangalore)

Based on that they will give the permission to Attend the Certification Exam with a fee less than 50 k

Good Luck

4 REPLIES 4

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Decision to do certification on SAP-SD,you need to take a Letter from your Company that you have worked on SAP supporting and submit the same to SAP labs india (bangalore)

Based on that they will give the permission to Attend the Certification Exam with a fee less than 50 k

Good Luck

0 Kudos

Thank you Siva Sir:)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am not going to search job outside once I done my successful certification planning to move internally within company is this right plan?

How long do I need to prepare and appear for certification?

Vinod,

Breaking into the SAP job market for someone with no or very less SAP experience (1 or less years) is difficult. If your current employer is ready to assign you to an SAP job, after certification, then it is a GREAT opportunity.

You say that you have very little exposure to SAP, then preparing for consultant certification is a daunting task, it would depend upon preparing by yourself or by enrolling in an online unauthorized SAP SD training course. I prefer to get trained in this type of online training, it would cost some where around 30K INR. With it the chances to pass the certification exam increase exponentially.

Study material - Get hold of TSCM60 and TSCM62, these are helpful PDFs for SD certification.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

you mentioned that you currently work as a SAP support expert, this means that you have access to read SAP notes, which is of a great help, believe me.

The other thing you can use to your advantage during preparation is that most probably your company has a IDES system or a sandbox installed, where you can try out some of the things you will learn. If you haven't done so - be proactive and ask for such access. If you can explain to your bosses that you are doing this to improve your knowledge and performance, they might help you out (provided you do that in your spare time, after working hours). It depends on the personality of your boss, sometimes this is not a wise move.

You probably work in a big team - maybe you can ask your colleagues and borrow some books - SAP Press can be expensive for the standards in some countries. It is definitely possible to prepare for associate certification if you are motivated, read and practice daily for several months.

Going for trainings (unless you register for online courses) can mean taking absence from your job, which is not always possible.

You say that you have average knowledge of SAP, you will need to boost your confidence a bit before attempting certification. Even if you are not assigned to an incident/change request for SD, read it and think how you can do it (test your idea in a sandbox system), then read what the other consultant/architect proposed, try their solution and compare to what you would propose - this is how I started learning SD without much of a guidance; it worked for me - it might work for you.

Also doing certifications with my experience is right move ?

If you apply for associate level after these 5+ years support - I think yes, for professional level it can be tough - depends.. if you only work on incidents now or you also design solutions for SAP change requests/projects.

Seems like a nice way to boost your career (but it really depends on how much certification and/or superior knowledge of standard SAP is valued in your company and what are the options to switch to a different role).