cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable Design Panel on Analysis for Office?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, this is my first discussion on SCN. Please excuse-me if I did something wrong.

I would like to know if it is possible to disable Design Panel for the end user consumers.

In my company we have the context where the "Power Users" are responsible to create, mantain and  save the workbook Analysis on BIP (Business Intelligence Platform). The "End Users" will just consume that workbook already created/saved by the Power User on BIP without be allowed to make changes, just refresh the data.

I am thinking to disable the design panel, but if there is another way to do that, feel free to help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Abel Junior

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

filipe_zeuch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

You can play around with Macros or with customized ribbon.

For example, you can use the Macro code below to hide the Design Panel in AO:

Dim result

result = Application.Run("SAPExecuteCommand", "Hide", "TaskPane", "All")

However, the user will still be able to show the panel by clicking on "Display" button in AO, so you may have to write some more Macro code.

You can also remove the entire Design Panel group from the ribbon like below:

This is achieved via Excel > Options > Customize Ribbon.

Regards,

Filipe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abel ,

I believe your end users don't have access to save work book to BIP !

In that case we don't need to disable any feature , users can play around and close .

afaik , we can't control this features from BIP CMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

Currently there is no setting to disable the design panel.

Actually if you open the saved workbook by default it doen not opens the design panel,if you want see it you have to enable it from the ribbon menu.

As Tammy mentioned give some guided navigation to just consume workbook.

Thanks and Regards,

Basavaraj

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can review the settings in admin guide to on where to display the design panel https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004457362016E/22SP2_aaoffice_admin_en.pdf - search 'design panel'

You can also provide some guided navigation so your end users can just 'consume' the workbooks