cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestions on how to start studying for SAP PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.. I new to this SAP domain. Being my background of mechanical engineering and work ex in the same field. I am thinking to change my profile to SAP with PP module. So guys suggest me some practical methods on how to start studying for SAP-PP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello Nitin,

As you said you're reluctant to take training and believes in self study so follow my instructions and you'll be able to prepare well.

As you know that Production planning functionalities generally include:

• Planning of schedules
  • Dispatching inspection
  • Co-ordination and control of raw materials, employees and tools for achieving high quality products and meeting customer demands.

To prepare for SAP PP you need to cover the following topics as per the SAP PP course:

• Introduction to ERP and SAP production planning and navigation concepts.
  • Creation and Management of Master Data
  • Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) - which develops the skills to forecast production and sales plans on the basis of future, present and historical data.
  • Material Requirements Planning and the various parameters for calculating the overall needs from the planning run.
  • Shop Floor Control - creation and management of the production order; releasing the order sheets for production and their settling; and goods movements.
  • Capacity - planning and evaluation.
  • KANBAN - which is a process based on the system of pulling KANBAN cards for generating the replenishment cycle.
  • Product Cost Planning, which evaluates time values and the value of component materials for determining the product cost.
  • The components related to Reporting and Analysis

So, gear up to unleash the powers of SAP PP and take your career to the next levels of success.

All the best for your future.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you know different manufacturing processes of the Industry,if not try to understand the processes end-to end

try to relate to SAP-PP of how it is mapped in SAP

Take training on SAP-PP and Practise well

Keep in touch with this blog which will elevate your Knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I know the diff manufacturing processes end to end but I am reluctant to take training. I prefer self training and practicing. So plz help how to start from scratch..