cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of reversal document through MBST

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

One of our dispatch user posted a STO PGI 641 moment document on 03/31.  Yesterday, it was required to reverse the document.  He reversed the document through VL09, but did not change the posting date and it was posted on 04/17.  Now, we want to reverse this reversal document which was posted on 04/17, so that original PGI can be reversed on 03/31.  We tried MBST, but reversal is not possible and message M7130 is displayed.

What is the best way out?

Regards,

The UT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Ok guys who are looking for solution of this type of problems -- there's no solution!

I raised issue to SAP, but they said there's no way to reverse the reversal.  So ultimately my open document remains open on 3/31. 

I asked FI users to post G/L entry to settle the difference.

Regards,

The UT

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked FI users to post G/L entry to settle the difference.

Can you please help us how your FI team is settling this difference..

If the Value in GL is adjusted-How the Quantity will match here.

(my doubt is how your Inventory Qty & inventory value will match with each other across two different Fiscal years)

Also in your earlier posts you mentioned ***Batch selected belonged to wrong valuation type, which created balance in wrong G/L***

Can you please help us how you achieved batchwise Valuation types for a single material.

Phanikumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under VL09 once you execute with Delivery document,you have an option of Define Date(Reversal)

here you can Manually change the Required date to be Posted

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for reply.  Even our user knows that he can change the date, but he missed that! and the reversal was posted on 04/17 instead of 03/31. How to reverse this reversal?

Regards,

UT

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For that reversal, one material document would have been generated.  You can reverse this material document as per note 424414 and once this is done, you can delete the reversal delivery document.  If the issue is in Production client, better replicate in Development, test with the report ZZWASTOR by cancelling the material document and if you are able to achieve the desired result, then the related transport request can be moved to Production client.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for reply.

I brief you once again about documents posted and what we want to achieve:

Delivery NoDateMvtMaterial Document
Stock t/f621102500003/316414906835000
Reversal (wrongly don)621102500004/176424906835001

We want to cancel incorrect document posted on 04/17 and reverse delivery on 03/31.

Now following your guidance, I implemented note 424414 and tried to run the ZZWASTOR report with Material document no 4906835001, posting date 04/17, Delivery no 6211025000.  But I got error M7 096 E (641) [No stock posting possible for this material].

Please guide what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

UT

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recently one of my user has done the same mistake.(because 31/3 will go in Fiscal year 2015 & 17/04 will go in fiscal year 2016(FYI-we are using V3 as fiscal year variant-will have impact on inventory documents of two different fiscal years)

first material document M1 is posted at date 31.03.

Later you cancelled this M1 with (cancelled Material document M2) with posting date 17.04.

So as per M2-stocks will get updated for the date of 17.04.

Later if you cancel M2-But this document will update the stocks as on 17.04 only..(not on 31.03)

As the first material document M1 has been posted & cancelled-so you cannot have an option of doing it again in 31.03.

Please discuss with user & ask him to do postings in this fiscal year only(because already M2 is with 17.04-even though cancelled on same date)

Can you please tell us-what was the hindering reason to go for 31.03 only as mandatory...

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thanks for reply!

Cancellation of PGI was required due to incorrect batch selection made in delivery. Material is split valuated, having different G/L assignment for diff valuation type.  Batch selected belonged to wrong valuation type, which created balance in wrong G/L.

I want to provide solution without direct FI GL postings, which I have already proposed to FI users.

There must be a way to reverse the reversal and re-reverse..

Regards,

The UT