cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "expected DC definition file was not found" building application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We created a new development track, using NetWeaver 7.4 and eCommerce 7.32.

Then we imported it into NWDS, and created a project of type “Enterprise Application” in CRM/ISA7WEB/B2B (for extending JSP's), another one in CRM/HOME/SHR/EXT (for extending Java classes), and another in the CUSTCRMPRJ development component.

Then we copied all files of the SAP standard Enterprise Application to the CUSTSRMPRJ Software component (except application.xml).

In the CRM/ISA7WEB/B2B project we added a dependency for CRM/HOME/SHR/EXT, and in CUSTCRMPRJ we created a dependency for CRM/ISA7WEB/B2B.

When we try to deploy this application (without any customizations yet) we get the following error:

"After DC , compartName=sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB_1, vendor=sap.com, name=crm/tc/web/core was synchronized from archive store [as:config-name=********, as:password=******, as:user=********, as:compartment-name=sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB_1, sc:vendor=sap.com, as:temp-folder-path=E:\Workspace.jdi\0\.temp-com.sap.cbs, sc:name=SAP-SHRWEB, as:server-cert-store=com.sap.tc.di.dap.cbs.base.KeyStoreAttribute], the expected DC definition file "E:\Workspace.jdi\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\tc\web\core\_comp\.dcdef" was not found"

Any help would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

in which SC did you create the projects CRM/ISA7WEB/B2B and CRM/HOME/SHR/EXT ? Are they also in the CUSTCRMPRJ SC? Could yo make a screenshot / drawing of all relations?

Kind regards,
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

We created both CRM/ISA7WEB/B2B and CRM/HOME/SHR/EXT in the SC SAP-SHRWEB SC.

Best regards,

--Ricardo

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

customers are not allowed to modify the SAP delivered SC's. This will also prevent you from applying updates without damaging your own development.
Please use either CRMCUSTPRJ only or create similiar SC's of your own. CUSTCRMPRJ is an SAP generated example for a custom SC which is delivered for convenience to the customer. You can take it as a template for creating your own SC's if required.
But in principle you can do all of your development in it.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I'm not understanding the part "customers are not allowed to modify the SAP delivered SC's". How do we create a custom application?

In the development guide for eCommerce 7.32, it says:

"Proceed as follows to modify the Web User Interface:

- Open the Software Component sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB or SAP-CRMWEB

- Select the Development Component of the web application you want to modify (E.g.

crm/isa/web/b2b) and Choose “Create Project” from the context menu (right mouse click). Accept the

list of Components to be synched."

We have the application now in production in version 7.02, and this corresponds to what was done at the time, we had to create custom projects based on the SAP SC's.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

sorry - I was wrong, I had the WCEM development model in mind.

Can you find the .dcdef file at the location with the file explorer: E:\Workspace.jdi\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\tc\web\core\_comp\.dcdef?
You create a project for this DC, didn't you?

Kind regards,
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

In the folder "E:\Workspace.jdi\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\tc\web\core" there is no "_comp" folder.

Instead, there is a "sap.com_crm" folder, like this:

"E:\Workspace.jdi\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\tc\web\core\sap.com_crm\tc" with a core_backup.zip file inside.

I the meantime I noticed that in the component browser, this DC appears empty, this surely doesn't help:

I did not create a project for this DC.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

please create a project out of this DC or maybe it is sufficient to sync the archive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

After syncing, the missing files were generated, but now the DC's are in an error(?) state:

What does the symbols (red arrow, green arrow,etc) before the DC's mean? I tried to find some documentation on this and did not find anything.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

the "Display Legend" menu provides more info on the symbols (see below). Red arrow means a broken DC. This can happen if you did not sync all dependencies for a project. It's very unusual for an archive (green triangle). Archives are generated by CBS, please check there for broken DC's and reasons.

For broken projects check the build logs in Developer Studio. Make sure to sync and build all dependent DC's for your project. Alternatively just sync crm/isa/web/b2b as archive rather than create a project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

I checked in CBS and there are broken DC's in both SHRAPP and SHRWEB SC's:

Is this result of my development, or is this a track configuration issue?

In other words, can I assume that while the CBS is in this state, it's not viable to go on with the development?

Best regards,

--Ricardo Carvalho

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

that's hard to tell from this picture alone. You have to find the DC's that are broken due to own build error and check the build file. It will tell you what's going wrong. But I don't think you made modifications on such a big scale, so I would guess that some libraries or whole NetWeaver SC's  are missing in your track.

As an example I just created a project out of crm/isa/web/b2b for version 7.54. This will result in a lot of archives to be synced as well, see attached screen shot. Check if your track also has all those SC's and DC's.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

In order to be sure, I reverted the (few) changes in the DTR, and deleted the Development Configuration in NWDS. I checked again in the CBS and the broken DC's are still there.

I sent a request to the responsble team to fix this issue, and then I'll try again to add the development configuration from the SLD. Does this seem ok?

Best regards,

--Ricardo

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I think it is good you have reverted your changes, but it seems your track is not setup correctly. Otherwise CBS could build the archives. The hint is to check the build logs for the errors. If you have a team that sets up the build environment they should also check if all relevant NetWeaver SC's are in place, if the correct Java version(s) / JDK's are available and the matching ISA / eCommerce SC's are setup for the track.

Kind regards,
Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

After the team fixed the broken DC's we managed to build the application without the error.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciated!

Answers (0)