Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWDI showing 0 Dcs in CBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP NWDI showing 0 Dcs in CBS

Hi All,

I have created a new track in NWDI (version 7.4) to customize the portal logon page.

So i have added the SCs(as per SAPNote - 1572743 in CMS inbox and imported them in the track.

But in the CBS, for the buildspace,i see that the SCs have no DCs.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue and help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Karen A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

Would you please go to CMS - Transport Studio - tab Development and provide a screenshot that the SCs (that do not have any DCs in CBS) are successfully imported.

In addition, please provide a screenshot about what kind of type of SCs you have added in the Dev.Track. f.a. Source, Archives or Source & Archive.

This might be found in CMS - Landscape Configurator - tab Track Data.

I suspect the SCs have not been imported for some reason. All the 3 steps have to be successful...

Repository Import, CBS-make & SDM-deploy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Milen,

Thanks for your reply.

I now understand....the following are a few SCs which are showing 0 Dcs. and i couldnt find them in the CMS -> Transport Studio -> Development tab.

• sap.com_EP-ADMIN
  • sap.com_EP-APPS
  • sap.com_J2EE-APPS
  • sap.com_KMC-BC
  • sap.com_WD-ADOBE
  • sap.com_WD-APPS

Having said that, in the CMS -> Landscape configurator -> Track data,

i could see the above SCs and the state is showing in green color. Also, noticed something - the track is showing in red color with the message - "SC dependencies are different between SLD and CMS"

Regards,

Karen A.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

In such case you have to add the correct SCs in the SLD.

The correct components are as per your development. As far as I understand - for EP.

Please refer to this note:

1572743    Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40 Track 

2.1.Open SLD - Software Components - search for you custom component (in SLD you have defined it as product)

2.2.When you find and select it, open tab Dependencies - from the drop-down menu, select Build-Time dependencies.

2.3.In the new window you have to define the corresponding version of the SC. The important here is to match with the NWDeveloper Studio and the RTS version.

2.4.Once this is done you have to Syncronize in CMS.

First you have to UPDATE the CMS >>> in Domain Data tab, Change, Update CMS.

Then, open CMS - Landscape Configurator - tab Track data.

Edit mode (with Change) and Synchronize SC dependencies with SLD.

In the window you have to select these SCs that  are not defined in SLD. Check the "check-box" and "Accept the SLD definition".

In Transport Studio - Development, repeat the import.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

I have followed the SAP Note 1572743 for the track creation; but missed the SLD dependency steps.

Ironically, i can see that the dependecies are added as installation time as opposed to build time dependencies.

I will follow the steps mentioned in your reply.

Regards,

Karen A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Milen,

Once the SCs are imported successfully in Dev tab of the transport studio,  we need to repeat the step in consolidation tab.

After these steps are done, is the track ready for use - as in ready to be imported into NWDS?

or do we need to manually assemble in the Assembly tab?

Regards,

Karen A.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

Once the SCs are imported in tab DEV, you have to import the track in NWDS.

Then you synchronize with the DTR, check-out the source resource from DTR and/or create your DC in an Activity.

When the code is ready to be build centrally (in CBS) and Consolidated, then you check-in the resource.

Once the activities are released, they have to be activated in CBS.

And in this point in CMS - Transport Studio - tab Consolidation, you will see the SCs ready to be imported. You do an import in CONSOLIDATION.

This will trigger additional Build in CBS Consolidation Buildspace.

If successful the SCs will appear in tab ASSEMBLY. Once assembled you might deploy to TEST or PRODUCTION system.

When successfully deployed, ONLY THEN, your customizations might be used by end users.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

I have followed your suggestion and corrected the buildtime dependencies in SLD.

I have also performed the synchronise CMS step.

But in the CBS, some of the SCs are showing as zero dcs.

not sure if these SCs are relevant for the track configuration!!! i have followed  SAP Note -

and added the following SCs for track (used for EP development):

COMP_BUILDT

ECM-CORE

ENGFACADE

ENGINEAPI

EP_BUILDT

EP-BASIS

EP-BASIS-API

EP-RUNTIME

FRAMEWORK

SAP_BUILDT

WDEXTENSIONS

WD-RUNTIME

WD-RUNTIME-EXT

Regards,

Karen A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

List of SCs imported in the track (CMS -> Transport Studio -> Development tab)

Processed at (GMT)ComponentLabelOwnerImport Check StateState
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_COMP_BUILDT7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_ECM-CORE7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_ENGFACADE7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_ENGINEAPI7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_EP-BASIS7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_EP-BASIS-API7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_EP-RUNTIME7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_EP_BUILDT7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_ESCONF_BUILDT7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_FRAMEWORK7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_FRAMEWORK-EXT7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_MOIN_BUILDT7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_SAP_BUILDT7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_WD-RUNTIME7.40 Level 12 Update coreNW731CE17Rcu...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_WD-RUNTIME-EXT7.40 Level 12 Update fwNW731EXT17Rcur...MakeNot executedImport finished
2016-04-20 09:52:02sap.com_WDEXTENSIONS7.40 Level 12 Update apps2NW731EXT17R...MakeNot executedImport finished
former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

For which of those SCs you do not see any imported DCs in DEV CBS buildspace.

You have to repeat the same because you have changed the development configuration.

If you still may not see these SCs please provide screenshot from:

* CBS - DEV buildspace - sorted by Total DC (column)

* CMS - Landscape Configurator - Track data - SCs that are part of the track.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milen,

As per SAP Note - 1572743, i have added the below SCs for the EP track:

FRAMEWORK-EXT
EP-BASIS
COMP_BUILDT
ECM-CORE
ENGFACADE
ENGINEAPI
EP_BUILDT
EP-BASIS
EP-BASIS-API
EP-RUNTIME
FRAMEWORK
SAP_BUILDT
WDEXTENSIONS
WD-RUNTIME
WD-RUNTIME-EXT

My question here is do i really need to be bothered about the SCs which have the zero DCs in my CBS, there are some 50 odd SCs which have no DCs.

Are the above SCs enough if imported correctly in the track?

Regards,

Karen A.

former_member189220
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

If the SCs needed for your development have been:

* successfully imported in CMS - Transport Studio - tab Development

* the SCs have all the DCs in CBS buildspace DEV.

Then you might ignore the other "strange" SC.

Every time you create, edit, save a dev.conf.track the CBS buildspace is updated.

However if you add SCs in the dev.conf.track and you remove them after that, then you save.

They will not be displayed in CMS. Yet, they remain in CBS with 0 DCs imported.

Provided the above is true, you might proceed with importing the dev.conf.track in NWDS.

Regards,