SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For acct assignment element 'Grant' the value BLANK/SPACE is invalid

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to post student payment in Cash Desk transaction (T-Code: FPCJ) but when I press 'POST' button after entering all the necessary data, the system is giving me following GM error:

For acct assignment element 'Grant' the value BLANK/SPACE is invalid

Message No. F6751

Diagnosis

You have not made any entries for the FM account assignment element grant and have left the value as BLANK or SPACE.

System Response

The system does not carry out any further processing if you do not enter a value for the grant.

Procedure

Enter a valid value for the grant.

Funds Management (FM) and Grants Management (GM) modules are already implemented at client organization but I can't see any 'Grant' field where value could be manually entered or picked through FM Derivation Strategy.

Here is the screenshot of transaction:

:

BASIS Team has already implemented the SAP note 735342 issued for similar error but error still persists.

Please guide how to resolve the issue OR otherwise if OSS note needs to be raised to SAP.

Regards

Muhammad Waseem

18 REPLIES 18

danilo_dommrich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad,

Do you want to assign a Grant and don't known where to supply the input value (Field is missing) or do you want to avoid providing a Grant at all.

In the latter case you should consider to deactivate the account assignment element entirely (IMG/Public Sector Management/General Settings for Public Sector Management/Basic Settings: Account Assignment Elements/Activate Account Assignment Elements)...

or at least allow the value "BLANK"for the account assignment element (IMG/Public Sector Management/General Settings for Public Sector Management/Basic Settings: Account Assignment Elements/Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements)...

Cheers,

Danilo

0 Kudos

Dear Danilo,

Thanks for your response.

Grant is activated at our client because they are regularly using GM module so deactivating Grant is not an option.

Secondly I have tested your further recommendation by allowing BLANK for account assignment element 'Grant' but error still appearing.

Please share your views if any alternative solution available.

Regards  

0 Kudos

Dear Muhammad,

Do you mind checking whether the business function FICA_FM is active in your system (TA SFW5)?

Cheers,

Danilo

0 Kudos

Dear Danilo,

Yes, Business Function FICA_FM is already activated.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What SAP release are you working with?

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

I found following from t-code SFW5:

For Component FI-CA Release is 600

For Component EA-PS Release is 600

If you need further details please let ne know

Best Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd check, then, if note 1121876 - FP05: Missing check for grant is implemented. Even if it's not directly linked to your issue. But, I don't understand why you are not able to derive the grant via FMDERIVE.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

My BASIS team has just confirmed that note 1121876 is invalid for our current version.

Re your concern "...I don't understand why you are not able to derive the grant via FMDERIVE"

my response:

"As a matter of fact, there is no field of Grant in transaction screen (please refer to image I pasted above in main thread) so there should be no question of filling it manually or through derivation rule."

This is something confusing which has made me stuck.

I have also requested BASIS people to raise OSS note for this.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, you can derive grant following some business rule; it doesn't have to be on the screen.

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Can you please guide me about business rule, I have no prior knowledge about it or its application in FM (especially in above scenario).

Best Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you have to derive grant based on the data available in the relevant transaction. Please, search SCN form for FMDERIVE keyword to get more information. Alternatively, consult this blog:

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

If you meant Derivation rules for the term 'Business Rule' above then I have already tried it by creating new rule as Source> G/L Account = Target> Grant (as DUMMY) but system is not picking Grant value.

I have verified it through trace, in fact, system is not deriving anything from target values.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot follow your remark about the trace in FMDERIVE... What do you mean by 'not deriving anything from target values'? Is the rule called? Is G/L account filled and recognized by the rule? And, if positive, why 'Grant' is not filled?

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

As you know system does not perform derivation if can't find/pick Source field value in derivation rule. In my case, System is not picking the rule at all thus not deriving the desired output as per target field value.

If you refer the Cash Desk Transaction screenshot in primary thread above then you will see the Cash Desk Clearing Account GL (50805001) under Cash Payment Tab. This is the one I put as Source Field Value and Grant in Target Field Value as DUMMY.

I have also doubt, maybe, something is missing from GM configuration causing the error  but not sure.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System is not picking the rule, because.... Is G/L field empty in your derivation trace?

0 Kudos

When I execute the transaction with Trace function on, system shows the screen as below:

Although here system is picking G/L, C.I. & Grant but it is due to Function Module "FMDT_READ_MD_ACCOUNT_COMPANY Read Account Master Data" which is placed on top in our derivation strategy.

As I click Esc, system shows second screen as below:

Here, as you can see, derivation is nill due to Cash Desk Derivation rule not being picked. After this system shows the error which I mentioned as topic of this thread.

This is the main issue which I am unable to figure out.

Secondly, my ABAP colleague is also asking to confirm message class of this error which helps to determine whether this is originally related to FM or GM module. After his own work, he is almost sure that this is GM relevant issue but I don't know how to confirm it.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would be more concerned, that nothing is derived for 'H' side of the equation, rather than by the source of the message. It's not only 'grant' which is blank there, but also all other FM objects.

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Yes, no FM object is being derived. So how to get out of this situation.

Any helpful idea? Any specific back-end configuration to re-check?

Regards