Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFC: New reporting units only for Central Manual Journal entries

phadke_manas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where 2 new reporting units are to be created in BFC 10.0. However these 2 new RU's should be available only for central journal entries (no packages) & only Balance Sheet accounts should be available for posting.

We explored data entry restrictions but we are already using data entry restrictions at the category scenario level and since the same are to apply only at package level, they havent been applied to central journals. Creating a new data entry restric & applying the specific data entry restriction to the reporting unit in the RU Organizer tab also doesn't work since packages wont be generated. Can such a setup be configured at all in BFC?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Manas

You can simply not generate packages for these 2 units (and data entry users have no access to the RU Organizer, so they cannot generate the package)

Marc

phadke_manas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Marc, however is there any way to restrict the 2 reporting units without applying a Data Entry Restriction at Category Scenario level such that they are available only for Central journals?

Manas

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Manas

I don't really understand your requirement.

If you have a RU, and don't generate a package for it, then you can use the RU in a journal entry and not in a package - isn't this exactly what you want?

Within the Category you cannot control RUs, the category scenario has no entity information in it

Marc

phadke_manas
Participant
0 Kudos

Marc,

I should have been clearer in my earlier post since I was referring to the original post. What I meant was is there a way to restrict Central Journal entries so that only Balance Sheet accounts are available for selection on the 2 new rep units?

Manas

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

No, that is not possible,

You can define whether a AC/FL can be used in a JE (see below), but this applies to all units. You cannot make an exception for specific units

Answers (0)