cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which container is the SFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a SFC given and I want to determine via WebService in which container the SFC is packed. I don't know whether the SFC was packed in a container or not, but I guess if not the WebService will give an appropriate answer. I am using SAP ME version 6.1.

My Use-Case is to unpack a SFC, if it was packed. For this I want to determine in which container the SFC is. With that information I can find the container member and with it I can unpack the SFC. I just tried some WebServices as readSfc but getting no information about the container.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks and best regards

Hanno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Hanno,

If such method existed, it should belong to a container-related WS, not to SFC-related WS. For ME 6.1 I do not see such method.

You can check SAP ME Javadocs available at SMP - maybe something has appeared in the latest releases. If not, you can submit a ticket against MFG-ME-API component to consider a possibility to implement such method.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

yes my first step was looking into a container-related WS like ContainerProductionServiceWSBinding. But there is always the entry point either the container or container member. So I couldn't find any operation to enter the SFC and get a status regarding the container.

So my thinking was maybe I get the information when I get a global status of the SFC, like readSFC or getSFCInformation or something in this kind, but in the answer there is never container data.

I checked just a lot (API), but couldn't find an answer, so I created this post.

OK maybe there is no such WebService, its possible, but maybe the WebService is a little bit "hidden" and not so obvious.

I just found one workaround. If I try to pack a yet packed SFC I get the error message "The SFC is packed into container XYZ". So I could parse the error text to receive the container. But if the SFC is not packed, of course I don't want to pack it. So this workaround seems not so good for me

Regards

Hanno

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hanno

In 6.1 there is "resolveSfcQuantityAvailableToPack" in ContainerProductionServiceWSBinding.

If the SFC is currently packed this returns "SFC XXXX already packed into the container CN1 (Message 19089)"

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no this is not working for ME 6.1:

You can see the SFC X2046PB800005 is definitely in a container, but when I execute the WebService:

I get in the answer only the information that the amount is 1.

Complete answer:

Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Hanno

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hanno

Is your SFC qty=1?

What exact version of ME are you using? I just tested this and it works for me: 6.1.4.46

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

yes my SFC has quantity one. I'm using SAP ME version 6.1.4.57. So its only the patch level that is different.

Hanno

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So, either the packing report is wrong (and your SFC is not currently packed), or the webservice response is wrong. Either way, you should consider a support incident - it is not unknown for  patches to break functionality.

Stuart

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Also works for me in 15.1.1.0. I would advise double checking the CONTAINER_MEMBER record for the SFC_BO and if you can't see the reason, log a support incident as Stuart suggests.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

OK, not the answers I hoped to get, but the answers I expected. So there is no concrete WebService to determine if a SFC is packed and if yes in which container, only workarounds exist. I hope SAP will close this GAP with ME 15.

Many thanks for your answers.

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hanno

The chances of this changing in a future release are minimal, unless you request this by opening a ticket against the MFG-ME-API component, as Sergiy suggests. Such a ticket will get acknowledged and closed, with no guarantee that it will be implemented, but it is the only formal method for requesting an API.

Stuart

Answers (0)