cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Country Reporting Requirements and (Account Hierarchy)

Eyal_Feiler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have a two reporting reqiurements where we need to view the finanical reports in country 1 and country 2 structure.

For example Country 1 requires Current maturities  to be under Other receivables where country 2 considers them non current maturities.

As a solution, I created an additional account and used ABC and a Data Manager package to reclass the activity on a different auditID. 

Since there are about 40 of these changes, I’m now considering opening a new COA hierarchy dedicated to country 2 format and performing the reclasses.

This would require maintenance of both hierarchies any time there is a new account.

Any other options for reporting?

It’s not sufficient to simply change 2-3 reports and build them in the account format of country 2.

Also, considered a new model but that requires the user to copy data from one model to another dual maintenance of rules scripts etc.

Thanks in advance.

Eyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

it's not sufficient to copy the data after the rules, script in a new model with a package a use it for the second country? or you need to execute packages after, please explain better.

Regards

Roberto

Eyal_Feiler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Here is an example of the balance sheet organized per country1.  Grey rows are the hierarchy.

Column AD3000 before any changes, AD7210 is the reclass.

Blue orange and yellow sets represent 3 sample reclass pairs.

Performing currently via DM ABC calcualtions and the PRCxxx accounts are currently part of hierarchy 1.

Trying to see whether there is an alternative to creating another hierarchy.  If I create another hierarchy then I have to copy every parent as P_xxxxx in order to avoid multiple hierarchy conflict error that the system posts.

Regards,

Eyal

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

sorry I don't find a better solution than creating a new hierarchy.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (0)