cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Text Datasource with 2 Keys fields and Infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I want to extract the Descriptions of an InfoObject MFRLEVEL ( approval Level) and its has no attributes, but is already used in one of the DSO.

The description come from Table MFRTABLE which has MFRLEVEL & 0COMPCODE are key fields. I have created Generic Datasource of type Text DS_MFRLEVEL_TXT based on this Table MFRTABLE and replication on BW works fine. Hence the datasource has they 2 key fields.

Now I have defined InfoObject MFRLEVEL as containing Master Data Characteristic with text.  When I create a transformation between the DS_MFRLEVEL_TXT and MFRLEVEL, I am not sure how can I map the 2 key fields from Datasource into MFRLEVEL with no 0COMPCODE as key ?

One possibility would be add 0COMPCODE as compounding field for MFRLEVEL ? For which i will have to empty the SID table or empty the DSO

Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance!

Vittali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The right way to go is creation of a generic extractor with just MFRLEVEL and description as the description is anyways repeated for the various company codes. Just map MFRLEVEL and get the description as text.

Regards,

Anupama

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the same approval level can have different texts depending on the company code, you have no other choice than to add the company code as a compound with all the consequences it has...

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibollo,

appreciate your reply.

Well, approval level have same texts maintained repeatedly for company code ( yes it sounds strange, but there are other fields in Table MFRTABLE whose uniqueness is defined by MFRLEVEL & 0COMPCODE)

Does that mean I can skip the company code from the view, I created for text Datasource?

Cheers!

vittali

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you can skip the company code in this case, no need to have a compound...

just make sure you skip duplicate records in your dtp if needed.

M.