cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS Production Log Summary -Java heap space (failed to allocate 16 bytes)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The ODS production ETL job is giving the below error in the third step out of 5.Remaining 4 steps are completing successfully. Could you please help how to fix the issue?

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space (failed to allocate 16 bytes)

at java.math.BigInteger.stripLeadingZeroBytes(BigInteger.java:2828)

at java.math.BigInteger.<init>(BigInteger.java:225)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSReader.readDecimal(IOBuffer.java:3561)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.ServerDTVImpl.getValue(dtv.java:2065)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.DTV.getValue(dtv.java:175)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.Column.getValue(Column.java:113)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerResultSet.getValue(SQLServerResultSet.java:1982)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerResultSet.getValue(SQLServerResultSet.java:1967)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerResultSet.getObject(SQLServerResultSet.java:2256)

at com.sap.me.ods.database.ODSBaseDataSource$ResultSetWrapper.getObject(ODSBaseDataSource.java:1549)

at com.sap.me.ods.database.ODSBaseDataSource.getData(ODSBaseDataSource.java:178)

at com.sap.me.ods.database.ODSBaseDataSource.getData(ODSBaseDataSource.java:158)

at com.sap.me.ods.database.ODSBaseDataSource.executeQuery(ODSBaseDataSource.java:113)

at com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSProductionLogSummary3.getSummaryData(ODSProductionLogSummary3.java:118)

at com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSProductionLogSummary3.summary(ODSProductionLogSummary3.java:83)

at com.sap.me.ods.olap.ODSProductionLogRollupProcess.ODSSummary(ODSProductionLogRollupProcess.java:458)

at com.sap.me.ods.ODSProductionLogSummary.main(ODSProductionLogSummary.java:60)

Regards,

Bala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1268653.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know whether any data might loss due to the job failure? If i change the script based on the Note, will there be any impact in the ODS data? Could you please help how to validate the ODS data and make sure that there is no data loss due to the script modification based on the Note.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bala.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Once it is Production Log Summary 3 that failed, the changes to the script will not cause any issue.

In fact, the change cannot cause any issue at all. A problem could occur if the previous round was terminated at a "bad" moment and the next round starts from the "inconsistent" state of ODS tables. But this happens very rare after a proper configuration of ODS process.

Even if it happened, the problem would be likely about not a data loss but duplication (in theory).

Regards,

Sergiy