Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event FPM_NAVIGATE --> FPM_START and Singleton Instance

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a FPM Application with some views and UIBBs. For transfering data from one UIBB to another I use a singelton instance. This instance will be created at first time. In my ATS UIBB there is a column Link To Action. After clicking the Event FPM_NAVIGATE is processing. In the new page (Event FPM_START) the singleton instance is cleared ?!?!

Is this normal behavior? If yes, how can I store the singleton instance, cause it saves my obligatory data.

NOTE: The new page will be open in a new browser TAB and the new event does not hold the parameter setting in the prev page.

THX and best regards.

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

each browser window (or tab) is assigned with a different backend session. So your singleton isn't available in the 2nd tab - you can't pass data on the server-side via the standard session memory.

To pass data you either have to pass it client-side (as URL- or Post-Parameter) or on the server-side by persisting it in the database or by using shared memory.

Best regards,

Christian

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

THX for answering.

Do you have an example or tutorial for data passing via URL?

Greetings

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

are you sure the class is a singleton? Could you check the instance ID number in the debugger and compare it. I am sorry, this is just to check and be sure ...

Cheers.