cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FT - does this manage customs declarations as standard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's a SAP FT question, but couldn't find a dedicated forum for this, so I post my question here, happy to move if better place is suggested.

From the Help:

"Foreign Trade's Cockpit for Periodic Declarations is designed to provide you with a quick, easy-to-use overview of the most important functions in the area of declarations to the customs authorities."

But when I read more about it, the only mention is about Intrastat, Extrastat, NAFTA, ESTA and Japan.

So my question is, bear in mind the scenario of an import from China to EU free circulation, which functionality does SAP-FT offer as standard?

I see IDOC's

FTDABA01                      Foreign Trade Data Service Basic Data          
FTDACU01                      Foreign Trade Data Service Customs Data        

I see declaration relevant data in the Import data tabs of the PO and the Delivery.

but the actual to and fro of the electronic submission? The management of statuses received from customs? The error correction process? Resubmission?

Thanks

Philip

ps. I know GTS does all of the above

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my understanding is correct, there is no standard IDOC usable for customs declaration in FT? I hope to avoid development of a custom IDOC format if possible.

This is what I was planning on using, based to the AES declaration logic on SAP Help.

SD
EXPINV02->CUSDEC
TXTRAW01<-CUSREC
MM
TXTRAW01->CUSDEC
TXTRAW01<-CUSREC

Any improvements on this most welcome. Thank you!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

I would think iDoc type IMPINV01 would be a better choice for MM.  Please check against the requirements.

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

No, sorry.  Import Declarations were never part of R/3 or ECC.  Go for GTS every time!

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, it's what I keep tellin'em, will they listen?