cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCA Primary Costs retraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am implementing a budget planning system that includes CCA primary costs planning in BPC Embedded (ie. Integrated Planning).

I am seeking some up to date information and/or experience on how to retract the planning data to ECC.  I am interested in knowing the end-to-end procedure including data mapping and ECC updating.

I believe that there are both "push" from BW side and "pull" from ECC side.  All possibilities are relevant as long as you please include what to do on both sides (BW / ECC).

I thank you in advance for your help.

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ShashiGarimella
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar requirement here. This is what we did

1) Created a FOX Formula that will push data to ECC through RFC interface

2) Once the update in ECC was successfull, it would send a signal to BW and the FOX ends with the messages coming out of ECC

But however, the requirement here was very small and so we didnt have to 'wait' to keep the connection open for very long. Also this may not be the best way to handle big data retractions.

Thanks,

Shashi

federico_blarasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

I worked with retraction years ago.

As far as i know, BW IP still uses the old retraction functionalities from SEM-BPS.

There used to be an how-to document with a step by step process, but I really can't find it on SCN. It may be worth to ask it directly to SAP, they might send you something through the support portal.

One good starting point could be this blog

it also continues with other parts. The links are broken, but you should be able to find the other parts.