cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR597 SFC Quantity Multiplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The PR597 activity allows you to auto multiple the sfc qty based on the "qty multiplier" defined for the material and only allows you to multiple the qty once.

I have a use case where I want to multiply the qty twice, can anyone think of a way to do this?

I can do it manually using the "SFC Quantity Adjustment" activity but I have multiple SFC's and Im trying to reduce the time required to do it manually.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin

PS Im using ME 15.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Not sure if it works but I would try this:

- release SFC;

- Qty Multiply;

- Change Production to a different material/order;

- Qty Multiply.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not. I already carry out a change production prior to the qty adjustment .

My guess is that when PR597 is executed it carries out a query against the activity log for the SFC looking for the "qty multiply" activity code and when you carry out a change production the SFC activity log moves with it.

I looked at activity code maintenance to see if I could create a duplicate (renamed) activity and change the activity code to work around it but doesn't look like its possible.

Kev

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

It checks SFC.QTY_MULT_PERFORMED database field, so changing aqctivity won't help.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew, that blows my other idea

The first "qty multiple" occurs due to me using the serialize functionality. I turn a single SFC with a qty of 24 into 24 SFC's with a qty of 1 but in the activity log it flags it as a qty multiply even though there is actually no increase in qty. I was thinking about turning off the logging of serialize in activity code maintenance to stop it recording in the activity log but since its looking at a database field it will still not work.

Kev

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Is your SFC / Material a Panel? Qty Multiply does not work on panels or partial quantity Do you have an error message? I suppose a custom hook enhancement could call the Qty Adjust PAPI.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its sort of a panel, its a silicon wafer.

Here's the full picture

The product has a number scheme that cannot be handled by next number maintenance. The SFC has to be the 2 digit year followed by the 2 digit week number followed by the incremental batch number for the week and then dash and the wafer number. This means two counters in next number, one for the batch and one for the wafer number in the batch. The way I handle this is to create an order for a single sfc with a qty of 24 (using replaceable parameters for the prefix) and the counter for the batch number that gets reset weekly. Then once the order is released I serialize it using a prefix of original SFC plus a dash and the incremental counter adds the wafer number to it. The problem is this process sets the qty multiplied field in the database so when I get to the stage where I cut the wafer up into die (dice) I cant multiple the qty again .

Kevin

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

It seems to be a common practice to use service extension post next number generation. The service extension can call either your custom code or MII transaction which will return the needed next number. With that you will not need serialize SFC before you finally get the needed ID for the SFC.

Regards,

Sergiy

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

I assume the Material has panel = false or you will get an error from PR597.

The serialize process doesn't set the QTY_MULT_PERFORMED flag but the serialised SFCs will inherit this from the parent SFC so the hook must have run already on the parent SFC, right? Then there's no way to make it multiply a second time.

Another potential option might to do one qty multiplication and use split which allows chid SFC qty >1. But there's more click for multiple splits than serialize and next number for split uses SFC Release rule so you'd most likely need that Next Number service extension, or it might be simpler for a custom hook to do Qty Adjust.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Yes you are correct that panel=false however you are incorrect about serialize.

Serialize is the first thing that happens on a brand new never touched order. To test it I created and released a new order.

It allocated one SFC of 16177

I checked the qty_mult_performed flag:

and the flag is correctly not set.

I then serialized the order

and checked the flags again

And the flags are set , you can see here from the activity log that nothing else has been done to this SFC.

If the serialize function didn't set the flag then this scenario would work fine for me.

My initial idea is to create a custom activity hook that and be executed post_serialize to reset the flag or a custom activity to carry out the SFC Qty Adjustment but I would much rather not have any customization 

Thanks

Kevin

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Is PR597 hooked at Pre-serialize?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Spot on Yes it looks like PR597 is added at pre-serialize by default. Ive turned it off and its working the way i need it to now.

Thank you.

Kevin

Answers (0)