SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source of supply check in promotion activation

Lbasadien26
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Day,

We have articles with source of supply 2 in the logistics store view of the article master for replenishment planning.

But when activating promotions it requires this source of supply to be 1.

How can we by pass this check in promotion activation.

Regards

Lindsay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

What error is being displayed when you try to activate promotion?

Is your promotion uses procurement as subsequent function?

Try to give bit more information on type of promotion you are creating.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

What error is being displayed when you try to activate promotion?

Is your promotion uses procurement as subsequent function?

Try to give bit more information on type of promotion you are creating.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The error is

We are trying to activate a national promotion for a certain sales organisation

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

If the source of supply is 2 for an article, it means the store will get the article from the DC. In this case why do you want to determine the purchase price. If possible, paste the screen shot of your promotion also to have better idea.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Promo and config of promo type below:

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

As you mentioned earlier, the source of supply for these articles is 2 which means they will be always supplied by DC. So try to make the purchase price determination sequence BLANK in promotion and try to process. Making it blank means we do not want system to determine the purchase price. Purchase price determination sequence 01 is used when the article is procured externally which is not the case here.

Secondly, also from the master data it is clear that some DC is going to supply to the store. So try to maintain the DC (which is supposed to supply) as a Supplying Plant for the store. This will help system to determine the source of supply and then you will not get this error.

Update the thread with your findings.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I still get the same error when I maintain the purchase price determination sequence as BLANK.

And my site has the DC as supplying plant

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

I would like to see each and every tab of promotion definition to understand what is there in promotion and why it is checking the purchase price.

Are you trying to calculate the Sales price in promotion or you have mentioned promotional sales price manually?

Until we have all details of promotion, it is difficult to say.

Alternatively, try creating a new promotion with same data and see whether you are getting the same error.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

When I changes the source of supply of supply to 1 on the basic view and 2 in the store view the error did not occur.

Regards

Lindsay

0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

Good that finally you figured out the solution.

Regards,

Amit