Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Financing treatment in TRM

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am new to TRM and working on a client requirement, need your help in sorting it out.

There are two company codes, one selling heavy equipment and other providing finance for this purpose.

Requirement is to manage this loan to customer in SAP, where he will be returning the loaned amount in 12/24/36 months installments.

Financing company will directly pay the heavy equipment company and customer will pay to financing company. Usually financing company collect a markup as part of interest from the customer for financing the equipment.

Any guidance will be appreciated. Even if you help with, to which product type to be used, I will be able to take it from there.

Regards,

Amar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasadraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

You can fulfill the requirement by using Money Market (Int Rt Instrmt). As per the Loan conditions you need to design the accounting process. Please check the below.

Interest Rate Instruments

Use

An interest rate instrument is a money market transaction with additional structural characteristics, such asvariable interest and installment repayment .

In order to calculate the corresponding interest receivables or payables, you must carry out an interest rate adjustment. See Interest Rate Adjustment .

Prerequisites

Before you can use the Money Market component, you have to maintain master data.

You have to create your Business Partners , assign the corresponding roles to these partners and maintain the transaction authorizations.

You have to set up the Standing Instructions (correspondence, payment details) and release the business partner.You also have to make the following settings in Customizing:

Define the Product Type(if you do not want to use one of the standard product types delivered with the system, you can define your own product types). You create financial transactions and manage positions on the basis of product types. An example of a product type in the money market area is an interest rate instrument .

Define the Transaction Type. Transaction types determine the type of transactions that can be concluded with a particular product type. They also control the transaction and position management process.

Example:Investment or borrowing transaction for an interest rate instrument.

Define the Flow Type. These describe the various changes to the cash flows. Example: Increase in the nominal amount

You must assign flow types to transaction types.

Define the Condition Type. This setting controls which structural characteristics are displayed when you create transactions. Example: Nominal interestFor more information, see the relevant section in the Implementation Guide.

You can then define Money Market transactions in the system.

Features

To manage interest rate instruments, you can use the standard functions and processes for entering, editing and processing transactions, managing their status, and transferring data to Financial Accounting.

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,
This seems to be a great help, let me start working with it in system.

Can you help me with the SAP provided product type for it, that will give me a head start.

Regards,

Amar

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For loan user 55A product type..

Regards,

Jain

Answers (0)