Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of SAP HANA in SLD/LMDB in Solution Manager 7.2 SP1

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am currently setting up Solution Manager 7.2 on Hana. Right now I'm starting to perform Managed System Setup starting with the Solution Manager itself.

To clear things up from start:

HANA Version: 1.00.111.00.1454183496 (fa/newdb100_rel)

HANA OS Version: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.0

Solution Manager ABAP SID: SOL

Solution Manager JAVA SID: SOJ

HANA SID: HOL

SLD is on latest CIM/CR and it is no problem to register ABAP and JAVA Systems.

What my problem is right now:

HOL entry in LMDB does not show any product instances, therefore I cannot set diagnostic relevance for managed System Setup:

SLD shows only 4 associations (2 for every System ABAP/JAVA) I learned in this wiki that this shows me that SLD registration was made by RZ70 from the ABAP and the Java Stack Destination.

Wiki: Managed System Setup of HANA in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Screenshot of SLD:

I also noticed that the entry of HOL in SLD gets a new timestamp when I do RZ70 synchro, but nothing happens when i use hdblcm.

So what I did until now to register HANA in SLD:

I installed DAA and registered it to SLD:

I used hdblcm to register HANA in SLD:

I installed the newest SAPHOSTAGENT.

Running this command gives following ?positive? output:

/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol -b | sldreg -connectfile /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/slddest.cfg -stdin –oldtransferdtd

HOL's DAA has status green on Agent Administraion.

Strangely dev_sldregs in HANA Studio has an old timestamp:

So yeha, I guess thats it. Maybe somebody out there knows what I can do cause I am at the edge to madness.

Best regards,

Steven Schäper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor

Hello Steven,

This could be because of hdbuserstore.

Run "Configure HDB User Store for SAP Host Agent" step.

Check below screen mentioned in the wiki. Can you see more than 2 associations?

"You can find HANA in the SLD of Solution Manager under Administration -> Content Maintenance -> HANA Database System:

...screenshot in wiki...

Make sure that your HANA Database System has more than just 2 associations. 2 associations indicate that this HANA system was reported by the RZ70 SLD data supplier and is incomplete.

"

If there is only two delete HANA associations from SLD and try registering HANA from hdblcm from beginnig.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Yüksel,

I did the HDB User Store part and the command to check gives me this output:

KEY HOLSAPDBCTRL

ENV : hostname:30015

USER: HOLMONITOR

In my case there are 4 associations since ABAP and JAVA stack are running on this HANA DB. So I guess the "only 2 case" fits here.

I deleted the associations from SLD and registered HANA from hdblcm again. Then I pushed it using "/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saposcol -b | sldreg -connectfile /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/slddest.cfg -stdin –oldtransferdtd" command (Same output as in screenshots above).

Sadly nothing happens in SLD. The HANA now has 0 Associations and Timestamp of last change is somewhat this morning aroung 05:00 (Last time of RZ70 Synchro Job I guess).

Any further ideas?

Regards,

Steven Schäper

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

Check troubleshooting part of the wiki.

Trouble Shooting Guide for SAP Solution Manager Operations for SAP HANA - Technical Operations - SCN...

I had this problem also.

Try Sldreg.xml part.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Yüksel,

this was very helpful.

Looking up the nameserver tracefile gives me this information:

Sld.cpp(00253) : Error during CIM model load: Error while parsing XML file landscapeDescription.xml in /hana/shared/HOL/lm_structure/.

Since there is no lm_structure anywhere on the HANA Server, I can now investigate further.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Steven Schäper

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

There could be old CIM model in your solution manager.

Check the note and update it first.

669669 - Update of SAP System Component Repository in SLD

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Yüksel,

I don't believe that, I tried it with the Version from March 2016. Updated it just now to the Version from 11.04.2016 and tried to register, but nothing changed. Same Error in nameserver trace.

Regards,

Steven Schäper

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try Sldreg.xml parts in troubleshooting guide.

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Im on this. As I stated above it seems like lm_structure is completely missing on the System HOL.

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Yüksel,

I managed to fix the problem.

As stated above, the component with lm_structure and landscapeDescription.xml was missing.

This information and note 2217798 helped our service provider to fix the issue.

Thank you for your effort, Yüksel.

Best regards,

Steven Schäper

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

Can you please looks in to link below

You can check links below

Managed System Setup of HANA in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Yogesh

steven_schaeper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

the links you posted I knew about already, especially Yüksels great Documentation.

Without them I would not have been able to get this far, but they do not help me with my problem right now.

Regards,

Steven Schäper