cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wish to purchase a single licence for PB 12.6. As it (initial GA build) will not run on any of my Windows 10 Intel computers I will be working on a Windows 7 virtual machine. Now, if SAP comes out with a version that does work, or Appeon takes over and releases a compatible version, will I be able to transfer the licence to another (real) computer? Also will it be possible, as some of my other software, to un-register from one machine (my desktop) and register on another (laptop) as long as only one is active at one time? And of course back again.

Thanks,

Gerry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry,

Chris is exactly right.  Appeon's releases of PowerBuilder are separate from SAP's releases even though the code base is quite similar for our first release.  Of course, because Appeon's release will be regularly adding new features then over time Appeon's release will be able to do much more than SAP's version 12.6.

If you haven't seen our PB roadmap I encourage you to watch the Webinar recording: http://www.appeon.com/recordings

Anyway, to answer your question about licensing, there will be a separate purchase but we are now figuring out the pricing and a promotion plan.  Our goal is to make it attractive for existing PB customers to upgrade to our release even if you have an active maintenance subscription with SAP.

Details about licensing/pricing will be announced soon - stay tuned!

Best regards,

Armeen Mazda

CEO, Appeon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armeen,

Thanks for the reply.I have just watched the road map and it looks really good. My problem is that the timing is bad. I need to update now, even though I will have to work in a VM, so I hope the promotion plan is really attractive

Regards,

Gerry.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Armeen,

I am also waiting for licensing/pricing announcement for PB from Appeon..

Regards,

Jahir

former_member185283
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are registered for the Webinar you will be notified about the new licensing/pricing model for PowerBuilder.  If you have not registered yet you may do so at http://www.appeon.com/pbfuture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

I would suspect that Appeon's PB product will be a separate license and even the licensing scheme may change from the current SySam model (as eluded to in the Appeon webinars thus far).

I would like to suggest that you contact Appeon Sales and/or Appeon's CEO Armeen Mazda directly to get the latest accurate information on this aspect. Also, there may be other options that you can discus with Appeon.

Just my $0.02

Regards ... Chris