Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large no. of sales orders on block after SPL refresh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently we have experienced a large no. of (10000+) sales orders went on block because of SPL, right after we finished SPL refresh?

Questions

- Is it ok to have such large no. of orders on block, I mean is it common across.

- What could be possible reason if any of you could help, I believe some of you also have experienced this situation.

- What can be done to prevent this?

I would really appreciate any ideas / suggestions on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

it doesn't look usual to me. When you say that you have just finished SPL refresh, do you mean that you have done delta SPL load? It would be worth checking if there is a SPL with blank Name and/or address. Else kindly check if there is a pattern in those blocked Sales Order I.e. One particular country or business partner etc.

You can start with checking screening log of few of them.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kul Vaibhav,

Thanks for you reply, when i say i just finished SPL refresh that means i have done all the steps starting from "Uploading of SPL data from Service Provider" till "Run SPL check against the Delta file".

SPL refresh activity has always caused lots of sales order blocks in our system.

One thing we have observed that, whenever we run SPL refresh, it affects our already existing positive list, i mean we have observed that lots of  positive list entries are deleted because of SPL refresh.

Can you please guide me, if this is correct behavior.

I will check other points suggested by you.

Rgd

Sourabh

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

It certainly seems to be an off-behavior.  I would suggest take a look at the different words/terms which have come as an update from your service provider.

Assuming you haven't changed any of the SPL settings in a while, here are a couple of things I would suggest:

1. Check if you have subscribed to any new list type Eg: IRAN list type got activated on April 6 from US authorities which has got generic names more like single terms

2. Check the SPL file the day you found blocks or the prior day to assess how many updates came in on the file and assess the updates.

Highlight some examples for us to give further suggestions.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to see if record SDNR 5031 Bank Sepah is the issue. We have run into an issue with this record that was in the 4/6/2016 delta file from MKData.

The record is supposed to be expired but still getting hits during screening and the details are strange.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sourabh,

This doesn't seem to be correct behaviour. When you say that you run SPL check against delta file, I assume you are talking about scenario C1 and C2. These two scenarios excludes existing blocked business partnera and those placed on a positive or negative list.

Unless you run B1P scenario, positive list of BPs should not be affected.

can you please double check which batch jobs are running after delta load.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kul Vaibhav,

Thanks for your reply, i am not really sure what exactly scenarios C1, C2 or B1P are. Is it possible for you to guide me more on this.

I am relatively new to GTS world, please bear with me.

Rgds

Sourabh

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

No worries and my apologies. I should have explained a bit more.

so if you see Sanction Party List screening menu, on bottom left side, you will find a section called "Check Against Updated Sanction Party Lists". The screening scenarios under this section are called C1 (Partner Address) and C2 (Document Address). Usually these are the scenarios which are run as a background job after a delta SPL upload.

B1P is under Periodic screening "Check Positive List BPs address".

If you can check SM37 for the batch jobs scheduled for any of below programs:

1. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_C1M_LO

2. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_C2M_LO

3. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_C1_LO

4. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_C2_LO

5. /SAPSLL/SPL_CHECK_SCEN_B1P_LO

If last one is also shcheduled then behaviour is expected.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kul Vaibhav,

Thanks for your reply, I didn't find any of the program scheduled to run as background job.

One point I would like to mention here, during SPL refresh when I run step "Create Comparison terms for Business Partners", I selected the option "All Partner Addresses", does this has something to do with the behavior we are experiencing.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

Thanks for your reply, I will check as per your suggestions and come back if I have any additional questions.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your reply, I will check as per your suggestions.

Rgds

Sourabh

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

In principle, this should not affect Positive BP List. But you can test with other option to see if it makes any difference. I am more interested in the screening scenario you are performing after delta upload. Since you have confirmed that you have not scheduled any background job, can you please check if these scenarios are executed manually after delta SPL load or periodically by someone.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

Thanks for your reply, our QA system will be refreshed in next few days, i will test after that and will share my findings.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Can you please guide me how to check if this record SDNR 5031 is creating issue for us.

Really appreciate your help on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I am a consultant working for a client who ran into a very similar issue right about the same time you did.  They would prefer not to make the info public, I am looking for other companies who ran into this same issue in about mid April.  I would like to discuss this more privately.  Can you connect with me on Linked In?

Douglas Chunyo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into an issues with a delta file from MKData on April 6th. I was getting some very strange behavior when I ran the screening jobs. SAP ended up sending me some OSS corrections that cleared up the problem. Not sure if this is the same issue as you are having.

Seemed to be related to records that MKData had expired.

Chris

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Is it possible for you to share the fix SAP shared with you, really appreciate your help on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try these two OSS notes 2074620 and 2198337.

I hope that helps