cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log text data not loading in to IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, we are trying to access a field from SQL which has long text with nvarchar(max). This filed contains around 600 to 700 or more chars. Please advise what we are missing here? What data type in sql could help us to bring the data into IS?

Quick advises would be really appreciated.

Thanks ya

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tested with varchar(8000) in sql and getting only 256 char in IS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry what is your issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya, Actually we are import a table from SQL into IS. In that table One of the field contain a long text which has max of 1500 Characters. when I check that field in IS, And Profile that table the large text contained field data showing only 256 Characters in the Profile results. I have checked below things in my investigation.

1) In the SQL Connection the max length of karchar is set to 4000 (max)and by defAult it was 255 chars. But no change in the profile results.

2) That field datatype checked with below types in SQL.

→ nvarchar (max)/Vardar (maa): no date shows in profile when do column Profile.

→ Varcar (8000) Or with any length: In Is profile results Showing only 255 Chars.

3) This field data showing full text in SQL.

please let me know i f you need any additional information.

Thanks

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atleast with Varchar(nnn) the filed available to profile the data. But in the profile results showing only 256 Chars. As a workaround the fill lest test profiles results need to extract from source database.

Thanks

Venky