cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict maximum number of search results for a business role

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the parameter SEARCH_MAX_HITS set as 500 and this is assigned to the function profile in the business role.

The default search is now changed from 100 to 500 but still the user can change the max results to any number they would like to.

Is there a way to restrict it similar to CIC through configuration ?

Similar to CIC inbox search wherein if we define a number on the field maximum hits, then the value defined is defaulted and as well does not allow user to increase the maximum search results.

Thanks

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpi,

I am afraid the parameter cannot be restricted by some configuration. Since the search functionality is used under all the applications it is not easy to control it individually.

However, have you tried to change the UI appearance? If the field Maximum Number of Results is set displayed-only, user will not be able to modify it manually.

For example, the view under Service Order is

BT116S_SRVO/AdvancedSP

BTQSRVORD

MAX_HITS

You can try to modify its UI configuation according to your requirement.

Regards,

Webster

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Add:

you can also try to enhance in DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT method to control the apearance of the MAX_HITS field.

0 Kudos

For  view -BT116S_SRVO/AdvancedSP  and component - BT116S_SRVO field "max number results "field is not available to be modified through configuration.

Enhancement will work , I was looking for if anything can be addressed through configuration.

Thanks

Shilpi

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpi,

In most of the components, the Search uses the Reporting Framework. I have found a reporting framework BadI - CRM_BADI_RF_Q10_SEARCH from the Enhancement Spot - ES_CRM_RF_Q10_SEARCH. Can you check if by using this you can restrict/reduce the selected guids from search.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.

0 Kudos

Thanks. I will have the technical person look into this possibility.