cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction to create hierarchy datasources ( BW 7.4 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to create a logic to create hierarchy ( generic RSDS BW 7 datasource ). I don't want to use flat file or old type of datasource ( transfer rules ).

My idea is create RSDS datasource ( on the background will be some report ). I assume that in this case i need "hierarchy datasource".

Could you tell me if there is a specific transaction to create hierarchy datasources or how can i create hierarchy datasource ?

Thx in advance

Martin Rossipal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

as I see from the discussion, I think you want to create dynamically hierarchies but what do you mean with dynamically?

There are two ways to create hierarchies in SAP BW. Either you load them through different datasources or you create them manually at RSH1.

If you mean to automize the process of loading the hierarchies, then you can use process chain.

Regards,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create datasource - > transformation -> infoObject (hierarchy).

Behind datasource will be report with logic.

Is it possible to create 'my own" datasource for hierarchy. ?

jino_jose
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In BW7.3 onwards you can load hierarchy from any datasource, you are not restricted to hierarchy data source. Please see below blog.

Thanks,

Jino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know "your" link, there is example with Flat file, do you have example with generic datasource ?

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please check the following documents,

In this it explains generic data source within ECC but same thing you can do in BW,

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

jay_reddy1
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know if I get your question right, but if you extract from R3, you should find some standard datasources that are specifically for hierarchies such as: 0MAT_LPRH_HIER, etc. Then you just replicate this datasource in sap BW and map the fields from the infoobject that you want to load the hierarchy.

If you load from flat file, just when u create a DS, select the option Hierarchy in the screen where you add the name of the DS.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want extract from R3, i don't want use flat file, i want to create "my own" hierarchy by using datasource and report behind datasource

Thx

Martin

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to RSA1 >> search the info object  >> go to the hierarchy tab page >> on the hierarchy tab page ,

check with hierarchies indicator is set ,hierarchies can be set manually for this characteristic ( tcode : RSH1)

You can create your own Hierarchies in RSH1 on top of your info object.

Create folders in that and add the relevant data to create the hierarchy from master data.

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create hierachy dynamically, not manually