SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR/IR Clearing commitment item as 40 and 3

atif_amin
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I am doing general PR PO, GR and IR. I get following FM derivations at MIGO and MIRO.

When Sub contracting process is executed, I get an error that commitment for GR/IR should be less than or equal to 40.

System is not deriving commitment item for GR/IR Clearing account from GL master data instead it is inheriting it from PO line.

Please guide me in this regard to understand the system behaviour.

Do i have to apply a specific SAP note or do i have to change that error message to warning?

Regards,

Atif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GR/IR CI should be indeed defined with '40'. For more info, consult note 1466979 - FM Financial transactions to be used in FI line items

Unless you are using S4/HANA, FM assignment will always be inherited from PO for your GR/IR documents.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GR/IR CI should be indeed defined with '40'. For more info, consult note 1466979 - FM Financial transactions to be used in FI line items

Unless you are using S4/HANA, FM assignment will always be inherited from PO for your GR/IR documents.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We are using S4/HANA. What can be the required changes to pick GR/IR commitment item from GL master data?

Or should I change the error message to warning message?

Kindly guide me.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using S4/HANA, then you should create a rule in FMDERIVE. Check note  2303301 - FMDERIVE - FM Derivation Tool behavior starting on EA-PS 800 for the S/4HANA for more info. Make sure that the rule is set to 'overwrite' existing value for GR/IR clearing account. Definitely don't change message behaviour: if GR/IR commitment item is not correctly selected, it might have impact on the whole FM flow.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have tried making a Derivation rule for GR/IR and applied overwrite settings but still GR/IR commitment item is not being picked from derivation rule.

Kindly guide me.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set a trace in FMDERIVE and check why it's not picked.

0 Kudos

I have checked it. It is not showing GR/IR Clearing account in Trace.

After posting, i checked the posted transaction. It is still picking FM account assignments from PO line.

Do i have to implement a note for this?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot tell which note you have in mind... According to the note I gave, inheritance during GR postings is no longer valid under S4/HANA and FM assignment should be passing through FMDERIVE. I'm not sure I understand your remark about the trace; can you elaborate or post screenshots?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I maintained FM derivation rule as follows.

But still system is not picking Commitment item from derivation rule which was maintained with overwrite settings.
I searched SCN and i found this.

FMDERIVE is skipped for GR/IR lines and the Commitment item is inherited from the PO regardless of whether or not the GR/IR line is FM relevant. This is SAP standard behavior.

If you want to force the Commitment item to be derived from the GL account for the GR/IR line, you can use the FLG_FMDERIVE_FORCE flag as described in note 923672.  This will allow FMDERIVE to be called for these lines.  Please be sure to fully test this to ensure that FM account assignments that you do not want to be overwritten are not incorrectly derived.

Commitment item not picking while MIRO posting ... | SCN

Trace only shows Inventory GL and its FM account assignments derived from derivation rule but does not show GR/IR clearing account GL and its FM account assignments in Trace. I checked it by clicking the button right button of trace to go to the next FM account assignments.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FMDERIVE is indeed skipped for GR/IR, but not in S4/HANA. In your example, commitment item 'FM_MM' is what?

0 Kudos

FM_MM is made with 30 and 3 for inventory budget.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you are positive to work with S4/HANA EA-PS 800? If 'yes', then raise an OSS message, as it is supposed to pass through FMDEIRVE.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry. I asked Basis consultant to check which component is installed and about the server. He told me that its ECC6 EHP7 on HANA. EA-PS component is EA-PS 600.

FLG_FMDERIVE_FORCE flag as described in note 923672 is not available for EA-PS 600.

It will be great help if we can get the exact note to be implemented.

Regards,

Atif

0 Kudos

HI Eli,

We found SAP note 1963220. Is it the right one to be implemented?

I need your recommendation.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it's actually  1875038 - Enhancement of FM Derivation Tool

But, what I still cannot understand is at what stage do you have this problem. If I get it correctly, your FM_MM commitment item is of nature 40, right? So, when is the issue raised?

Also, check note 1263965 - Incorrect GR/IR FM account assignment derivation for service; it might be relevant as well.

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

In material procurement process, system is inheriting PO lines FM account assignments for GR/IR Clearing Account, which is FM_MM. FM_MM is commitment item with 30 and 3.

System does not give an error at MIGO and MIRO.

But while processing subcontracting process, system gives an error that GR/IR commitment should be less than or equal to 40.

I have maintained commitment item with 40 and 3 for GR/IR Clearing account in GL master data and also in derivation rule with overwrite settings but still system picks up FM account assignments from PO lines. FM_MM is commitment item derived for Stock GL.

Issue occurs when we process subcontracting good inward process where GR/IR Clearing Account will hit. GR/IR Clearing account is not being picked in trace nor its FM account assignments. And GR/IR FM account assignments are inherited from Stock GL FM account assignments.

what could be the reason as its only giving error on services?which note will be suitable to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the second note I gave?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Yes I did. Seems like it is the right one to implement. Let us apply it and i will revert back if it resolves the issue.

Thank you

Regards,

Atif

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We checked the second note. The source code provided in that note was already in the system.

Currently the system is inheriting GR/IR Clearing account "WRX" FM account assignment from PO lines, because of which GR/IR FM account assignments get 30 and 3 commitment item from PO lines. We do not need to inherit FM account assignment from PO lines because system gives an error that GR/IR account should have 40 and 3 to process the transaction.

We need that for "WRX" line(GR/IR), system should pick commitment item from GL master data or from FMDERIVE in which derivation rule is maintained for WRX to get commitment item(40 and 3).

Is there any note relevant to this?

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note 2205006 - Error FMUP009 - GR reduction impossible. Wrong CI with FT 30 instead of 40 in GR/IR and associated notes. I cannot understand how MIGO got posted in your case, as it should have been rejected with the same error message.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Error which occurs at subcontracting goods inwards is as follows:

Posting not possible; incorrect financial transactions of the cmmt item

Message No. FI149

Diagnosis

You want to post a goods receipt. However, this is not possible because commitment items that have a financial transaction larger than 40 are included in the posting.

Procedure

See to it that your system administrator or consultants check the commitment item assignments to the G/L accounts.

If you want to post a goods receipt, the only G/L accounts that can be included are those with a financial transaction smaller than or equal to 40.

This is really confusing as at MIGO, the error only occurs in sub contracting process, rather than that for other processing where GR/IR Clearing account is used, system gives no error and picks commitment item from PO lines.

Should we raise an OSS message for it?

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow note 2044939 - MIGO: Error FI149 'Posting not possible; incorrect financial transactions of the cmmt item...

However, if you feel that you cannot go out of this 'trap', raise a message.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

SAP note 2044939 worked. I had to make statistical commitment item for subcontracting goods inwards process.

Thanks alot.

Regards,

Atif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally Good to know...

0 Kudos

Hi Atif

Would you mind to share customizing for FMDERIVE? Im having same issue

Regards

Grace