cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM VMWARE Provisioning - exception during clone/copy

0 Kudos

Hi guy,

I'm trying to copy a system with LVM 2.1 SP6.2 and an exception occurred before datastore selection.

The architecture is really simple, we  have installed LVM and vmware vla adapter.

We monitor all the systems correctly.

The error message is : 

Unknown Exception occured: Index: 0, Size: 0
[EXCEPTION]
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at com.vmware.vlvma.dialog.DatastoreDialog.getUserInput(DatastoreDialog.java:159)
at com.vmware.vlvma.dialog.AbstractDialog.getDialog(AbstractDialog.java:61)
at com.vmware.vlvma.dialog.AbstractOperationDialogs.getNextDialog(AbstractOperationDialogs.java:85)
at com.vmware.vlvma.virtual.VlvmaVirtOperationService.getNextDialogStep(VlvmaVirtOperationService.java:594)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.virtualization.core.engine.VirtOpPrep.nextDialogStep(VirtOpPrep.java:323)
at com.sap.tc.lm.aci.apps.modelsrc.vpm.VirtOpPrepBean.createDialogStep(VirtOpPrepBean.java:305)
at com.sap.tc.lm.aci.apps.modelsrc.vpm.VirtOpPrepBean.retrieveNextDialogBean(VirtOpPrepBean.java:214)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.ui.vpm.ACVPMComp.initEmbeddedStep(ACVPMComp.java:1287)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.ui.vpm.wdp.InternalACVPMComp.wdInvokeMethod(InternalACVPMComp.java:947)
at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.ExternalControllerPI$ExternalInterfaceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExternalControllerPI.java:339)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy489.initEmbeddedStep(Unknown Source)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.OperationOptionsPopup.performRoadmapNavigation(OperationOptionsPopup.java:633)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.wdp.InternalOperationOptionsPopup.performRoadmapNavigation(InternalOperationOptionsPopup.java:393)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.OperationOptionsRoadMap.navigateToStep(OperationOptionsRoadMap.java:457)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.OperationOptionsRoadMap.prevNextStep(OperationOptionsRoadMap.java:445)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.OperationOptionsRoadMap.onActionNext(OperationOptionsRoadMap.java:326)
at com.sap.tc.vcm.apps.wd.utils.operationoptionspopup.wdp.InternalOperationOptionsRoadMap.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalOperationOptionsRoadMap.java:240)
at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:142)
at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:75)

I think this function try to fetch datastore information from vla but nothing is catched and i don't understand why.

Adapter seems works well.

at com.vmware.vlvma.dialog.DatastoreDialog.getUserInput(DatastoreDialog.java:159)

I'm surprise not to see datastore information in monitoring view, is it normal ?

may be we are missing some configuration step or authorization in vcenter ?

see screenshot

Thanks a lot for your help.

regards

Wilfried

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

After a call with SAP and VmWare, authorization issue were fixed.

According to VmWare Configuration Guide 1.3 p16, we have respected permission configuration.

But we wanted to propagate the permission onto a specific cluster dedicated for SAP.

So we had assigned the permission to objects cluster and datastore but it's required to assign them to object NETWORK as well.

after that you need to restart Vla service.

Now we can see the datastores during provisioning configuration steps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I had some issues with this if you are using the latest VMWare Adapter with vRealize Orchestrator. It came down to the User profile that I had created in vCenter for vRO - it appeared the manual was too minimal on the user permissions and so a lot of function calls failed (like get DataStore data). I sent my added permission list to VMWare and can post if interested - I sent them to VMWare so they could preen out permissions that may not be necessary.

0 Kudos

Hi Ken

Your post is very very interesting, and is it possible to send  me your added permission list that you assigned to user profile (vRO/vCO) ?

Thanks a lot.

I already tried to append the permissions of Vla user but no success.

May be problem come from Vco user.

Regards.

Wilfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the manual it asks to create a Role for VMWare LVM Appliance with the following Privilege - (Virtual machine/Provisioning)

I enabled the following Privileges before the Clone/Copies would actually run (maybe more than needed):-

• AutoDeploy (All)
  • Datastore (Allocate space, Browse datastore, Low level file operations
  • Folder (Create and Delete)
  • Global (Disable/Enable methods)
  • Host (Inventory, Local operations)
  • Network (Assign, Configure, Move, Remove)
  • Resource (Assign virtual machine to resource pool, create resource pool, migrate powered off virtual machines, migrate powered on virtual machines)
  • Virtual machine (All)
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

Thanks you a lot for your information.

You just tried the new permissions but same issue, we don't see the datastore in LVM.

Could you confirm please if we must add permission to vLa user or vCo user ?

We are performed the configuration with only VmWare as virtualization manager. We don't define storage manager.

We think that we should see storage information from VmWare but nothing.

Have you the same configuration ?

Storage

DELL EquaLogic PS6210X version FW 7.1.5

Server

DELL M620 v5.5 et DELL M630 v5.5

VM Ware

Vcenter en version 5.5

LVMEnterprise Edition 2.10 SP6_02

[SCA Versions]

VCM 2.1 SP 6_2, Build 20160404085027

WD-RUNTIME 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008174400

AJAX-RUNTIME 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008174400

FRAMEWORK 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008174400

LMNWAUIFRMRK 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008185500

LMNWACDP 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008185500

LMCTC 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008185500

LM-CORE 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008174500

LMCFG 7.4 SP 12_0, Build 20151008185500

vLa VmWare AssNat - VMware Adapter for SAP LVM - VMware - 1.30.3

Thanks a lot for your time and support.

Wilfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

You follow the section on "Setting permission for the Appliance User" (page 16 in my manual) in the VMware LVM Adapter Installation manual but also remember to stop and restart the vRO as I think it needs to re-login to vCenter to get the added privileges after the permission changes are done.

andreas_holzapfel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Wilfried,

we would like to investigate this and help you finding out about the root cause of your problem. Please open up a ticket for this attaching the support details so we can have a look.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

Ticket N°100036 / 2016 has been send to SAP Support.

Regards

Eric