cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expert rule logic

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

can anyone with simple example tell me how sap expert rules works with rule code and data we maintain in mdb file . I see many parameters maintained in mdb and huge logic used in rule file to do the calculation . Can I get an overview of how these connections are made so that I can write my own code and create such database to do the calculation .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

the examples highlighted by Ralph has been discussed yet in a different thread of you. So you seems to be still "lost".   AS "expert rules" are a kind of "big" story we can discuss here only on "low level"

PLease differentiate the "mdb" from teh rule; both work together clearly. The IMG cusotmizing activity "tries" to explain that. With Expert Server installaiton you have same additional files. These are not "very "helpful"; but thats it. Thre is no consulting OSS note etc. and nothing else than the "online help"

Proposal therefore. Try to look once again on the examples. In different thread you have asked for "Easy epert rules". May be true to reallystart "very" simple. E.g. chaneg color "blue" to "green"(teh simplest rule you can thingk about) DON'T start with composition like topics

E.g. may be: if density = 1 them flashpoint = 10 (stupid rule; but to learn may be good enough)

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Tthe Expert Software comes with three exemplary rule sets where you can look at the code. Additionally, please check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/84/7fb6535fe6b74ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?frame...