cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process level not triggered while restarting workflow

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are migrating from ACW to PCW.

There is one specific requirement where we have to trigger workflow again.This is for business object confirmation(BUS2203).

I was able to restart the workflow using class /SAPSRM/CL_WF_ADV_FACADE(CANCEL_PROCESS_FOR_RESTART,START_PROCESS methods).But the first process level is not executed.it just stops with the process schema evalution.it did not go further.

When I check in SLG1,There is no entry for process level.it is just till the schema determination.

I was also going through SAP notes and 1575495 - Restart of WF processes says it is possible only to restart where document is in awaiting approval status.Is this for sure?

Any ideas to proceed?

Regards,

Tara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

why you did not use VALIDATE_RESTART method from /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART BAdI?

Regards.

Laurent.

0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

The reason I dint use BAdi is that ,I am not changing anything in the confirmation screen.( I believe it gets trigerred only when changes are made).

My requirement is that, when the confirmation (line item) has a particular product, I have to suspend the workflow. I have to check for a particular data in a file.

Most of the cases , the file comes few days after the SC is placed.

There is a custom FM which checks the entry in the file. If so, I have to restart the workflow in the FM.

Regards,

Tara

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

do not understand your request...

If a SRM confirmation is created, when it is released, an IDoc (for goods) or a RFC call (for services) will be triggered from SRM to create a Goods Receipt or a Service Entry Sheet in ECC.

So, there is no sense to trigger again a workflow for this confirmation as the material document is already created in ECC...

In your second message, you wrote "My requirement is that, when the confirmation (line item) has a particular product, I have to suspend the workflow".

So, in this case, why you do not do your data file check when approver approves the Confirmation?

If the check does not match with your business rule, approbation is forbidden...

Regards.

Laurent.