Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time recordings on attandance time and project time

Klaus01
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

the customer wants to post employees attandance times as well as project times.

Currently both are posted to the same time accounts. How can I automatically distinguish between these times?

As attandance times and project times sum up to the total working time, we need to distungish between workingtime (the is the same as attandance time) and project times which are just a kind of partions to the attandance time.

I've seen there are possibilities in the time type fine-tuning task(time type catagory), but unfortunately in  the "Actual Hour Worked" (DE0001) time this cannot be changed.

How do I need to proceed?

Kind regards,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Klaus01
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

thanks for your help.

There is a time type available with time type catagory "Time Allocation". Create a new time type with that catagory and set this time time as standard for project time postings(also afine tuning task).

Then you're done.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Hoffman,

You can try the above option however make sure to have following checks maintained.

If you looking at distinction of posting at G/L account level based on the times types am afraid this is not supported.

However you can create two time type as mentioned by Mr. Thanh , maintain proper collision rule at new Z time type level when compared to actual hours worked such that (As attandance times and project times sum up to the total working time) and record time against a project to see if this fullfills your requirement.

Regards

Leo

ThanhDucDo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you split your attendance times and your project times on separate Time Type? I.E. Attendance time are entered in Actual Hours Worked, and Project Time are entered in a custom Time Type for example Project Hours Worked. You can then post them on different Time Accounts.

Regards,
Thanh