Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SAP ABAP career

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Ilaiyaraja from chennai. I did my bachelors in the stream of Instrumentation and control engineering in 2013. I don't have any work experience. Now I am interested in SAP ABAP. I am good in logic but i don't have any language experience like java, .net but i have been learning java for 3 months.

My question is if I done a sap abap course in any certified institute,

1. will I get a job?
2. Those 3 year non exp affect my career?

I am asking bcoz sap certification is expensive. And I am really interested in SAP.

Thank u

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

For fresher level - sap certification is important from job point of view

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Don't go for Certification. 3 years fill with some exp. ABAP is will be dead in next 4 yrs. Go for HANA or FIORI.

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky

Just for curiosity sake could you show me where it's written that ABAP will be dead in 4 years?

Thanks

Arden

0 Kudos

Dear Arden, Its NOT written any where. There are hardly any jobs for ABAP in USA. I am into have 14 yrs experience in ABAP. Most of them are outsourced and replaced with Ux.So we are moving into a functional area or HANA or FIORI..etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge,from the learning perspective you need knowledge in SAP ABAP/BW/BASIS to go to SAP Fiori or SAP HANA. So It is very tough to start your career with HANA or Fiori. And for fresher in SAP, ABAP is good choice as you are good at logic.

So learn ABAP from reputed institute and once you complete whole course, then plan for certification. Having certification is good. But you need gain that level knowledge first.

All the best.

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos

Hi Gopi, Now SAP Netweaver is based on Java or ABAP stack. For FIORI, its better to start with Java Script..etc & NO ABAP is needed. Similarly for HANA BI background is more suitable. Basic ABAP like creating tables, structures, info objects Extract structures is needed.