Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway: ignore bins with weight limitations

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how can i make sure that during putaway certain bins are being skipped because they can't handle heavy pallets.

It concerns high rack storage. As a test I've put max weight with indicator 1 in the concering storage type. Now an error is raised during stock placement with too much weight. Now my customer wants no errormessage but it wants the bins which cannot handle the weight to be skipped and a suitable bin to be proposed.

I thought about entering a loading equipment quantity in the material master on the WM2 view. Is this the correct way or are there other options?

Appreciate it!

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Let me know put away strategy?

you can maintain SUT in view 2 to achieve the requirement.

Thank you,

Mohan Naidu.

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mohan

Well it seems like they have no putaway strategy (blue cirkel) defined. So it's manual, althought the storage type description is 'Bulk'. I've put  '1' in the capacitycheck (based on weigth). I've noticed there is an active user exit in the putaway (Opslagstrategie = the Dutch word for that)

In the second image you'll find the current settings in the WM2 view.

So the question is, how we can make sure that after GR pallets are not being stored in bins which cannot handle the weight of the pallet. With the current settings (in the storage type: capacity check '1') i get an errormessage. However the first suitable bin should be suggested.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1st things 1st, capacity check 1 is not suitable here as you also allow mixed storage. Checks 1-3 are not suitable for storage types flagged for mixed storage as the check applies to each quant. For mixed storage, you need to use capacity check methods 4-6 (See OSS 392776).

You will also need to maintain the Capacity usage on the WM1 tab of the material (neutral number) as well as the max capacity of the bin in the bin master.

Don't forget the capacity check message setting in the Warehouse Control Params. This controls how the system reacts if the required data is missing.

Oh and as previously mentioned , you may also need to look at adding a storage bin type search as an additional level of control.

Hope this helps

Cheers

A

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks!

The WM1 view looks like this:

In this case an entry should be made for ST and TR right? But what should be the value of this field? Weight or max quantity allowed.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are trying to control by weight right? Therefore, the Capacity check value should equal the Gross Weight with reference to the BUoM (ST). In the bin master, you then populate the max capacity (i.e. 1000).

In this example, the system will multiply the qty received by the capacity usage (using the base unit ST) and calculate the total capacity of the receipt. It will then search for a bin with sufficient remaining capacity to place the materials.

Cheers

A

former_member332424
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, thanks! Last question. When ST as a base uom is used for calculating the available weight in a bin does it still uses the WM uom? Or do i have to maintain this one as well in WM 1 capacity check (neutral)?

In other words, what happens with the WM uom? Is this determined by the capacity check in the storage type (4, 5 or 6)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The capacity usage field is only applied to the base uom (ST in this case) the WM uom is not considered.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One option would be to maintain bin types and SU types, populate the LE Qty and SUT in the WM2 view, maintain bin types within the bin masters and deploy the storage bin type search functionality via OMM1

Cheers

A