cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple VB app for troubleshooting Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Several years ago when our software application had a problem with a particular Crystal Report, support team had a basic VB app which would validate if the Crystal Report was functional within a runtime environment.   I am wondering if anyone would like to share this VB App,

Thanks for your help in advance!

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Ali,

I don't recall anything like that. Since VB 6 is no longer support nor are those old report engines it likely would not work with the updated SDK packages.

There is one I wrote for CR for VS, search for Doc 70646, you need to install the CR for VS runtime and integrate it into VS 2010 or above but it has a few things that can check parts.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick feedback Don, I am actually working with a VB6 application which generates reports.  however currently the app is crashing when trying to generate a particular report.  Hoping to ensure its not a report issue.  I will look for DOC 70646 shortly.  I actually did write a very basic C# app which allows me to browse for a Crystal Report and show the results in the CR viewer control.  As long as Crystal Runtime are on the isolated machine the if the Crystal Report is developed correctly, it should render the report.  The VB app that I am reference was used back around 2000's, I remember I was working with Crystal Report 9 Developer and spent a lot of time with the "Modules" program and the VB app which I got from Crystal Support team(I think Crystal Decision Days). 

AK 

0 Kudos

Ah, correct, you cannot have that old CR runtime installed on the same PC as current versions. CR 8.5 and older are not side by side compatible, meaning you can't have more than one version on the same PC.

I highly suggest upgrading to VS 2010 or above and using the CR for .NET SDK. All of those older SDK's have been out of support for 10 + years so not much help to suggests...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the quick feedback!

I am working really hard on that piece as well.  I think the last time I had work with VB6 code was back in 2000 so I am struggling a bit.

Answers (0)