cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting the Business function to QA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to activate  business functions in Development system and create a TR for transporting the business functions to QA system.

My question is that whether QA system would trigger a batch job for the TR.

when I activate the business function in development a batch job triggered as in SAP documentation.

Is it required to lock all the users in QA environment when the business function TR is moved into QA system?

Currently we lock all users when we activate the business function directly in QA. I am not able to find any clear information from any SAP notes for my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Thanks for your information. Yes I have read the above note & other few notes related to business function activation process. I also read the complete documents and recommendation from the links below but not able to find the answer to my question "Does QA system triggers any job when the TR created for the business function transported to QA system". I have created a SAP message for my question already.

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

no need for lock all users to activate business functions in QA system

BR.
M. Ezzat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ezzat,

Thanks. My question is that does QA system would trigger a batch job when the TR created for the business function is moved into QA?

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through below sap note.

908007 - Special functions in Switch Framework / SFW5

Activation of the business function will be taken care by the Transport request.

The system writes the entire settings, that is, all of the activated business functions that are displayed in transaction SFW5, to a transport request. For this, you do not need to select any rows. You cannot transport only a part of the activated business functions. The transport request then contains an object with the text "Status tables Switch Framework client-independent" and the name "A". The data is imported into the target system as dictionary objects and then activated.

Contrary to the manual activation of business functions in transaction SFW5, you do not have to set the system to "changeable" in this case.

Effects on the target system

You are not allowed to deactivate irreversible business functions. For this reason, the import of system settings that would cause the deactivation of a business function is not performed. Therefore, the system settings remain the same in this case.

You are also not allowed to deactivate reversible business functions in production systems. Same as in the case above, the import of system settings that would cause the deactivation of reversible business functions is not performed and the system settings remain the same.

In both cases, the system logs the fact that the import of the system setting was ignored in the Switch Framework log (messages SFW 017 or SFW 405). You can display the log in transaction SFW5 by using the function "Goto -> Switch Framework Logs".

Regards,

Prithviraj.