cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPA 9.0 and Oracle connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to make a connection to a ORACLE DB and use a ProcessDefinition with Type SQLPLUS.

This Process Definition has following Parameters:

JCS_REMOTE_USER

JCS_REMOTE_PASSWORD

JCS_REMOTE_ENDPOINT

But unfortunately I get allways following error message:

SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]] where ::= [/][@]       ::= [][/][@] SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]] where ::= [/][@]       ::= [][/][@] SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]] where ::= [/][@]       ::= [][/][@] SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus

This script is running with Ran As User

This user has set the ORACLE Environment and this one can also be seen in the script with command env.

In the other case I will get a different error message.

I was also trying to use Remote Run As User without the parameter but with the same result.

On OS level the user can connect to the database.

Any idea what is wrong in my situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using both the RunAsUser AND RemoteRunAsUser, only use the RunAsUser for remote login.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

I'm using only the RunAs User and the mentioned parameters.

I was also tying to use a script without parameters and in this case I was using both values

RunAs User and RemotRunAsUser. In this case the connection parameters was set to RemoteRunAsUser.

But I need the RunAsUser to get out the Oracle value for the DB connection.

With best regards

Alfred