Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to start as SAP consultant at age 34!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice from the experts.

I have about 10 years of Supply chain (demand and supply planning) experience, out of which about good 4.5 years is with SAP implementation as end super user and implementation expert for regional (APAC) SAP implementation. I was responsible for communicating and moulding system as per the business needs (did a lot if z developments per the unique needs apart from moulding people's behaviour to use more of systems regular settings and features) 

I was pretty successful (from performance perspective) while the project lasted.  

Post the project end, I picked another role (operational planning) with a different organization and am doing this for last 2.5 years. However, I still miss my SAP time and am keen to make a career move to SAP.

My questions to you are :

1. If I pick up a certification in SAP MM (my majority of time of SAP implementation was

2. I am ok now from a financial perspective for the next couple of years, would I be able to get back on my feet by that time?

3. Am I sounding confused and would I be seen that ways when I would go hunting for SAP functional consultant role as well?

I would really appreciate if you can help me with your views on the questions above.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Aditya

A big part of this may come down to your location. Which country/region are you in?

Also, before considering certification are you able to seek jobs in SAP area similar to what you were doing 2 years ago. From there you can start working your way up again

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for responding.

I am based in India.

I have been trying but I am not getting SAP jobs as my current experience is not in SAP, I have some feedback that I need to refresh my SAP skills to be able to make a move back into this area.

Thanks,