Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway control indicator (PACI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am a beginner in EWM.

Could you please help me to clarify the following question?

When I set the PACI in products, it means that products are putaway in an appropriate Storage type 1.

The next time is it possible to putaway the same products in other Storage type 2? For business it is important to store products in different Storage types but still keeping PACI for Storage type 1.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

there are several fields which are being used to determine the putaway storage type sequence, the PACI is one of them. In the table for the determination, there a columns for the PACI, the warehouse process type, the stock type, hazardous material indicators, and more. And then there is the "optimization" table where you define which entry is found.

Now if you find the one storage type search sequence with the PACI, you need to find another criteria with which you find the other storage type search sequence. What is the cause for using there other sequence (that is the question Alex asked)? Is there any difference in the document? Or has your client just this fancy idea that sometimes another sequence shall be used? Then for sure there is a BAdI....

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Thank you very much for your replies.I will try to clarify my question.

The target is to put  products in storage type 2, if storage type (ST) 1 is filled. In SPRO in the ´´"optimization" I added sequences (1,2)  and criteria is Putaway Strategy. But in my case, Warehouse Tasks (WTs) are always created for ST1.

Maybe I do something wrong in Customizing or need to change a rule of WT creation?

BR,

Catherine

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Lets think in real time scenario : on what basis you are deciding your first storage type is filled? for e.g. only one product allowed in one storage type, or one batch allowed, or capacity of the storage type or consolidation group, or hazardous material etc. Based on this decision you can configure your storage type settings and put-away strategies. for example in bulk storage it is always recommended to use one batch and one product in one bin to avoid any wrong picking. For open storage system will always propose the ST1 unless you maintain the capacity check. Based on your decision configure the putway process.

As advised by our EWM Guru, combination of PACI and other parameters you can control the sequence.

Thanks,

Sandip

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you want to use ST2 after ST1, there is nothing you have to set up specially in the storage type search sequence determination (and with the PACI), the only thing you need to have is the storage type search sequence (which says "first look for a bin in ST1, then look for a bin in ST2").

The thing you have to find out is how do you know that ST1 is full. And that depends on your strategies and what and how you put away. It does not necessarily mean that you have to do capacity checks.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member587161
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Assuming the scenario as when ST1 is filled then ST2 should be considered for putaway.

You can assign both the storage types to storage type search sequence in order of preference ST1 then ST2 . The storage type search sequence is determined by using the PACI,WPT etc.

The system will first look to find appropriate bins in ST1, if all the bins are full then it will go looking for bins in ST2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your clarified replies.

The ST1 is filled - when capacity of the storage type. In Customizing I in Storage Type Definition  in Putaway Control I fill the fields ´´Capacity Cneck´´=1 and ´´Check Max.St.TypeQty´´?

How to define when only one product allowed?

BR,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

flag no mixed storage.

also what do you mean by one product. One product per storage type or bin.

if one product one or multiple bin , you can use fixed bin... multiple fixed bin is possible with diff storage type.

Regards

Suraj

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

we have one field 'max no bins'  along with 'check max no bins' activation at storage level.with this option we can allocate No of bins against a product in a storage type.

The same field we can find in product master also at storage type level data. if we maintain in both, system can consider product level data only to occupy max no bins.

BR,

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your helpful relies.

My task is a little bit complicated. To putaway the same product in different St. types and checking the quantity.

For example: Product 1 is putawayed on St. type 1 and with the quantity 100 pieces. The next putaway the same product is posted on St. type 2, as the first St. type is already full.

I can not understand how in Customizing to define the rule of checking quantity on different St. types?

Best regards,

Catherine

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in that case, you can  activate the capacity check and also putaway split indicator.if the first storage type is full,then system can search for the next destination as per the storage type search sequence.

BR,

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defined Maximum Quantity  in Product Storage level and set the indicators Check Maximum Storage Type Quantity and  Putaway Quantity Classification in Storage type in Customizing.

But it does not work. The system always posts product on St. type1. For example, Maximum Quantity for St. type 1 in Product is 100, I posted 100 quantities on St. type 1, in the next putaway the system again posts 50 quantities on St. type 1. But it should be posted on St. type2, because St. type 1 is filled 100 quantities. Why does it not work? Why does post always on St. type 1?

Best regards,

Catherine

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you show the log for the second warehouse task?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

It looks like it works. Thank you very much for all.

Can you please explain me about the field ´´ Maximum Quantity´´ and ´´NO Replenishment´´ in product  on storage type level?

1) ´´Maximum Quantity´´ means maximum stock in St. type?

2) ´´NO Replenishment´´ - means not allowed stock in St.type?

3) When I set indicator in ´´ Maximum Quantity´´ is it necessary to fill ´NO Replenishment´´?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Thank you all of you for helpful advices. I could define one PACI for different St. types and quantities. All works. But I have a small problem with Warehouse Tasks (WT). When I change putaway strategy, WT for automatic machine is not created. What could it be and where to check?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Catherine

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"When I change putaway strategy, WT for automatic machine is not created."

That is a very different question. You should open a new thread for that (and close this one if the question is answered) and give some more details.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Sorry.

BR,

Catherine

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You define a putaway control indicator to ensure that specific products are placed in specific storage types. I don't think you can use the same putaway control indicator for two different storage types and same product.

Regards,

Natália

0 Kudos

Hi!

What condition are influence where putaway product - ST1 or ST2?

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conditions are for ST1: Storage type, Storage type search sequence, PACI in a product.

BR,

Catherine