cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Quick Create(on selecting copy button on OWL) with the fields copied from the selected record in the OWL Screen.

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have business scenario in which I have to open the quick create in the owl screen by clicking on the copy button and fields should be copied from the selected record in the owl screen.Please find the attached screen shot for reference.Kindly provide the documentation for the same or how to implement that functionality.

Thanks,

Abhishek Raj

Message was edited by: Abhishek Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for the reply again.I am still getting the same error.If you have tried this before in the OWL screen, can you send me the step by step screenshot so that I can see what step I am missing.

Thanks,

Abhishek

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

What is your asignment?

You can not use the Root/DataList.

You need some script which assigns the req. values "OnLeadSelection" to a strucure.

HTH,

Horst

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Your information was of great help.But I am new to front end scripting and not know how to implement it on the OWL screen.

I have the below assignment to implement in my custom solution that by selecting the particular record in OWL screen and clicking on the copy button the QC should open with the value of the fields

from the selected record.Please refer the below screenshot:

So please explain with the help of small example.

Thanks,

Abhishek Raj

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

As I mentioned before you need to assign the req. values from the select record first to a data structure.

This asignment must be executed whenever a line in the OWL is selected. This means on the change of the lead selection.

You can achieve this by adding an event handler to the DataModel of your "Root/DataList" like in my example. Here the name of the list is "Root/NodeNames" and the event handler is name "SelectNodeNameFromHierarchy":

This event handler shall assign the req. elements from the selected record to a new structure.

In my example it is only one element named "Name":

Now you can use this new structure in the first DataOperation of your event handler starting the ListModificationStructure (as you can see above)

HTH,

Horst

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I have done the above scenario with the help of the of the list modification form as it is described in the below link:-

But now also it is throwing dump when clicked on the button which opens the list modification form . I have attached screenshots for your reference, if you could notice the missing component or binding.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

AFAIK you should map the fields in the ModificationStructure to your data list and not the BO model.

Because that's the place from where the data is coming.

HTH,

Horst

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for the quick reply .

I have binded the fields of the list modification structure to the data model of the list modification structure elements ,not to the BO Model.

But I am not able to understand that how to bind the element to the data list elements.As when we create list modification structure with the help of the datalist and then we need to add the data fields to the list modification structure and then bind these fields to the elements in the BO model , and then drag these data fields of the List Modification form. Here u need to bind the data fields to the elements of data list but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks,

Abhishek Raj

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

In the EventHandler triggering the QuickCreate you need a Data Operation before Starting the ListModification:

Here I assign from the Root structure a field named "SelectedNodeName" to the resp. field inside the ListModification structure.

HTH,

Horst

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have a problem, Can you explain how you binded the fields of the list modification structure to the data model of the list modification structure elements ,not to the BO Model?

Because we can Just Bind a field to an BO Model, How can you bind a field in data model to a data model?

Thanks

Sep

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sep,

Please find the below screenshot for the binding of the list modification structure:

First you need to bind the elements from the BO browser to the data model and then you need to drag the data fields from the list modification structure to the list modification form.

Below is the link you need to follow before binding:

Please let me know if there is any problem.

Thanks,

Abhishek

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

thanks for you reply,
Yes I followed all these procedure. but you bind the "Description" field, which is inside "ItemModificationStructure" to BO Browser. and drag it into the ListModificationForm.

Becuse I thought you bind the fields of "ItemModifictaionStructure" to you DataModel.

So that was my question,

Regards

Sin

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for the reply.Can u please provide some screenshot or documentation how to proceed further because I am not able to understand in this case.

BR,

Abhishek Raj

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Did you have a look at

• Comments in
  • And finally at

HTH,

Horst

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

thanks for reply.

Here the business scenario is different the above link which u have replied was  done when there is EC for  the custom BO. I have done these scenario as this is implemented when i have created a EC to show it in the standard sales quote where I need to auto populate some values from the standard TI screen.This can be implemented withe the above link.

But here we have the OWL screen of the custom solution and there is a button named copy, which is disable if no record is selected in the OWL screen .If u select the record in the OWL screen the button become active and when clicked it open the quick create with the fields copied from the selected record.

The link u have given they have created the inport which is binded to the standard outport but here we only have the custom OWL screen and we have to open the quick create of the our same custom bo with the fields copied from the selected record.

Best Regard,

Abhishek

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

The ListModificationForm (the first link) does not work with in- and outports.

From what you are describing it fits as well in your case.

Bye,

Horst

abhishek_raj07
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

I have done the above scenario with the help of the of the list modification form as it is described in the below link:-

But now also it is throwing dump when clicked on the button which opens the list modification form . I have attached screenshots for your reference, if you could notice the missing component or binding.