cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message txt change for data loss pop up text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to change pop up message text 'Required field not filled . Navigate anyway?'  ( Need to change its translation )  or replace it with custom message. This message appears , when you confirm BP . Go to IR screen , click on End button. That time this pop up message appears.

Could you please advice how this message is getting populated and how to change the text of the pop up.

When I searched SDN, it says that its message id BSP_WD and message number id  007 . But the text differs when you check it in SE91.

Kindly advice.

Regards,

Janaki.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janaki,

Your problem statement does not indicate if this data loss pop up is SAP standard or custom development. Below suggestions might help you.

1. Check the OTR text repository for text you are looking for.

2. You can look at the data loss pop up event registration, which is triggering the data loss pop up. This will help you find the source of the text.

Thanks,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your reply.

The component which i am checking is ICCMP_BTSHEAD. When I click on 'End' button. It goes to DO_FINISH_INPUT. There is a mandatory check  which issues a message

GLOBAL_MESSAGES->ADD_MESSAGE( CONDITION = CO_MANDATORY_FIELD_EMPTY "'#empty_mand_field'

Which causes the data loss pop up i believe. Because if i change the constant value, pop up does not appear.

I tried to change the text of message BSP_WD 007 to my custom message while debugging in    CL_BSP_WD_VIEW_MANAGER in method DO_REQUEST. Pop up does not appear, but the custom message appears as a normal one.

I want pop up text to be changed.

Kindly advice.

Regards,

Janaki.