Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET_DATA and IV_EDIT_MODE

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

on clicking a link in a list ATS, there will opened a new page. Before I set the Parameter FPM_EDIT_MODE as 'R' to lo_fpm->mo_app_parameter. But in method GET_DATA of the called form UIBB IV_EDIT_MODE is 'E'.

What is the Problem?

Greetings

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

you should not change the global parameter FPM_EDIT_MODE. This is evaluated at application start. Actually I am not quite sure what you really want to achieve, but if you only want to switch to an editable page, you should simply use a page with page type "Edit Page".

Best regards

Jens

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the setting:

- Start Page (Einstiegsseite)

- On Clicking a global toolbar button a Main Page (Hauptseite) is calling, edit mode is E, all fields are input ready

- After Save the OVP is setting back to Start Page

If I click on this create button a second time, the Main Page is displayed with edit mode R.

It seems that event FPM_SAVE sets edit mode to R. But unfortunately this is not desired.

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

If the switch back to display mode after FPM_SAVE is not desired you can add the event parameter FPM_KEEP_EDIT_MODE = X to the save event. This can also be done in the configuration.

But please note that the cancel event will switch to display mode in any case. You may also add a standard edit button (event id FPM_EDIT) for such cases.

Best regards

Jens

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

THX for answer.

Do you have an ideea for this too:

- Start Page click on Link to Action will open the default details page. All fields are not input ready. After clicking the button EDIT there switch to edit mode E. All nice.

- Leave this page over button cancel, the start page with List UIBB is calling

- After clicking the link column a second time the details page will open in edit mode.

How can I "reset" the Action clicking on button EDIT, so every click on link colum open the details page with edit mode R?

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

which event is configured for the cancel event which navigates back to the start page in your UI? I guess it is not the standard event FPM_CANCEL as this event would indeed transfer the OVP back to display mode (R).

Regards, Jens

stefan_kagelmacher
Participant
0 Kudos

That is unforntunately correct. The Standard FPM_CANCEL does not switch back to Start Page, so I use the Event FPM_GOTO_START.

EVENT Params FPM_EDIT_MODE = R does not work.

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

So you can either switch to the cancel event and throw FPM_GOTO_START right after this by code, or you may try to use the button with FPM_CANCEL and maintain the attribute for "Target Page" (or "Target Content Area") in the attributes panel in FLUID: Here you can enter the page id of your start page (if this is already available in the your system).

Let me just remark that the behavior you are implementing is not quite standard. Usually you would navigate explace from the search result list to the main page.

Regards, Jens