cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert PDF forms to Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues

I have a number of Adobe PDF forms available. Now we need to develope a number of smartforms with the layout similar to PDF forms. Is there any way to convert the PDF forms to smartforms? The new customer requires smartforms only.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Andrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because Adobe Forms is considered more advanced technology, it wouldn't make any sense for SAP to provide conversion to less advanced technology. I've heard there will only be the PDF forms in S/4HANA, so maybe it's something you should mention to the customer. Usually we use Smartforms where Adobe forms are not available in standard (e.g. in Sales SAP only provides standard Smartforms, so that's what everyone is copying), not sure why would the customer insist on going back if you already have working Adobe forms...

Also if it's any consolation - there is a conversion option from SAPScript to Smartforms, but I found it completely useless because it only creates the windows and doesn't copy any text elements or logic behind them (at least the last time I checked in 2008). So even if such program existed it may have been useless too.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey,

no, such a conversion does not exist.

It is possible to convert SmartForms into ADS PDFs, but the other way is unfortunately not possible.

Best regards,

Laszlo