cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to back up sap cps redwood production jobs....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

When we were upgrading our development sap cps redwood system our basis team had to delete all of our development jobs to accomplish the upgrade. We were able to copy over our production jobs to the development box which helped, but also caused problems for us...

Next we are going to be upgrading the production box, and we don't want to lose our jobs, events, and definitions that we have developed.

I know that exporting and re-importing the jobs after the upgrade is a possibility, but we are talking a lot of job chains etc....

Does anyone know of a more precise way to back up our production sap cps redwood environment,  or a simpler faster way to accomplish this ???

Patrick Donnelly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

To prevent an uncontrolled release after an upgrade you can stop the Queues before you upgrade, this way you can see what has been build up and release in an orderly fashion after the upgrade.

Stopping/Cancelling jobs as part of an upgrade plan does not make sense at all.

Redwood has an upgrade service that can assist your teams if you feel uncertain.

Regards Gerben

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I am sorry, I do not understand why you had to delete anything.

I also do not understand totally what you mean by "jobs", are we talking definitions (job definitions/job chains) or jobs (process that ran last Tuesday).

I have never seen anybody having to delete a object to perform an upgrade, well, not that I remember.

I think it would be better if you tried to do the upgrade of a copy of production, this time, without deleting objects. I am pretty sure it would "just work" ... well, that is the "theory", at least. If you encounter any issues you should open a ticket with SAP support.

Of course, it is always wise to delete dead wood prior to upgrading, but that is about it.

Regards,

HP