Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue reg wdisp/HTTP/use_pool_for_new_conn = 1

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have recently added a parameter wdisp/HTTP/use_pool_for_new_conn = 1 in our web dispatchers after which the web page is not loading .. i.e the content is not being fetched.

We are using 2 web dispatcher and 4 application server , we see no content was loading for about 10 minutes even after which there was no use .. d

Though the service were running in SAP MMC showing green ... the content wasn't loading..

Kindly let me know your thoughts on this and how to proceed further.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushik G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

As you activated the connection pooling for new connections, please make sure the keep-alive timeout of the back end system is greater value than the keep-alive timeout of the Web dispatcher. You can find more details in following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/996b4bec0973e9e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Also did you restart the service after changing webdisp pfl ?

Thanks

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

What happens if you remove this parameter and restart the Web Dispatcher again?

Does it start working?

And what is the version (release) and patch level of the Web Dispatcher you are using?

Regards,

Isaías

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Glad to hear from you again.

sap web dispatcher version : 7.20 and patch number is 716.

Apologizes there seems to be a miss understanding from my end.The team has made a minor changes and imported the quality disp profile to the production, which resulted in the deletion of a particular parameter in the Web Dispatcher.

wdisp/HTTP/use_pool_for_new_conn = 1

At this incident the parameter mentioned was got deleted.

I was wondering how it got deleted and how can i check why this occurred

The whole site was down for 10 min and the content was not being fetched, the back end systems are application servers (4 of them) and we are having 2 dispatchers.

Being it as the Production dispatcher we had to revert the changes back to as they were before and restart the dispatcher along with the application servers.

kindly let me know what caused the issue.

Thanks and regards

Kaushik.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushik,

So, the issue would have occurred because the parameter "wdisp/HTTP/use_pool_for_new_conn" was removed from the profile...?

Do you still have the Web Dispatcher trace file (dev_webdisp), from the time of the issue?

Are there any entries there that could be related to the issue?

If no, we would need more details, like:

• Screenshots showing the issue;
  • HTTP Watch trace;
  • Web Dispatcher trace (a trace level 2 or 3 would be required).

If you manage to simulate the issue at a non-production system, you could collect the items above and we could use that information to perform the analysis.

Regards,

Isaías