cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following error text was processed in the system DEV: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new in Web Dyna, while creating my first application I am getting following errors. Please guide what I should do to resolve this issue.

The following error text was processed in the system DEV: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

The error occurred on the application server crmsys_DEV_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER~CONTEXT_MENU_CALLED of program CL_WDR_INTERNAL_WINDOW_ADAPTERCP

Method: IF_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER~CONTEXT_MENU_CALLED of program CL_WDR_INTERNAL_WINDOW_ADAPTERCP

Method: IF_WDR_ADAPTER_EVENT_HANDLER~HANDLE_EVENT of program CL_WDR_CONTEXT_MENU_HANDLER===CP

Method: IF_WDR_CLIENT~GET_CLIENT_UPDATES of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CP

Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello from the future!

It helps to look at the ST22 version of this log.  There, you will get line numbers from the actual source code.

This is an issue inside SAP code.  I am getting (what I assume) is the same issue, and here are my reproduction steps

1. Enable "debugging" on a Web Dynpro application (Web Dynpro ABAP Debugging with Debugging Scripts - Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library)

2. Set an external breakpoint in the code

3. Run the Web Dynpro application in a browser

4. Right click (this is hinted at by the usage of "Context Menu" in the short dump) on what is considered the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER element on the main screen.  This will cause the short dump. 

No really good workarounds/fixes, other than just filling the screen with stuff, or being sure that you don't right click on blank space when in debugging mode

former_member198833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

It seems you are trying to access an object before assigning its reference. Therefore the "Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible" error message.

Can you share with us your application code?

Regards,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't coded anything just created a textbox and a lable. Have a look attached screen

former_member190321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

The label should not be blank on the Label For:, As for the table, you should ensue that your context has the correct cardinality. Let me know if you have done all of the above. Also expand the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER and list all the things you have in there. Alternatively, you can share what you want to achieve and I could propose an alternative way of doing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lable is already set with text box.

former_member190321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

I see where your problem is. Bind your TextInput to an attribute and not a Node. Instead of binding of binding it to a Context. Create the context as follows :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, but this is not the issue I even removed label and textbox only header container is there which is not binded with anything but still the same problem.

former_member190321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahzad,

What are you trying to achieve ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just trying to run a first web page which have nothing but a label and a textbox.