cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Consignment Stock in Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

Currently we are implementing EWM in a 3PL Company. In order to segregate the inventory from each one of the inventory owners we decided to use vendor consignment to identify to who the product belong to. In the receiving process the Party Entitled to Dispose with the plant PL1000 as expected and the Owner with the BP Vendor.

Now our problem is happening in the processing of the outbound delivery. During the creation of the sales order / delivery we cannot provide the information of which consignment stock do we want use to fulfill the delivery, therefore when the Outbound Delivery is transmitted to the EWM it is being created with PL1000 as Owner and Party Entitled to Dispose. Is there is any way to “influence” the Owner of the inventory to be used in the fulfillment for a specific Vendor? It is my understanding that it should be done using Stock determination but if I have the same product from Vendor A and Vendor B how can we select the vendor stock we want to use to complete the outbound delivery? Any advice/orientation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

Jose Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Look standard logic determining owner in ODO below:

So, in outbound delivery you need transfer VENDOR also with Customer.

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I believe meaning of above code is different. It seems to indicate to fetch owner from stock determination rule maintained for product (in case of picking vendor consignment for outbound). In other cases owner will be party entitled to dispose? Not sure though. Never came across having vendor as partner for stock selection in outbound delivery.

Hi Jose

As you said, you can use stock determination process of EWM. Create one stock determination group per owner & assign it to product master. Stock determination group should have setting 'stock determination has priority'. This will ensure quants are selected based on owner in stock determination strategy. Upon this EWM picking strategy will be applied.

Above will not provide complete solution, incase of one product having consignment stock from multiple vendor. Easy thing will be to use BADI filtering / sorting of quants  /SCWM/IF_EX_CORE_RMS_DETERMINE ( I guess). One custom table for customer-vendor relation. For ship-to party of ODO, determine vendor from table. Influence system to select quants belonging to owner(vendor). Owner is one of quant parameter available in /SCWM/AQUA table.

Best Regards

Phani

0 Kudos

Hi!

The code above - determination Owner for outbound delivery item when it replicated from ERP. NOT for determination stock.

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Alexander:

Thank you for sharing your idea. One of the ideas we had at the beginning was have the possibility of provide from the Outbound Delivery in the ERP the Vendor to be used in the consumption of the consignment. Aiming to this we set up the inventory determination as suggested by SAP in OSS note 607604 and in fact we were able to perform a post good issue for an outbound delivery using consignment stock as you can see in the following example:

The reason we discard this was because this solution did not allow me to choose the vendor to be used in the consignment stock consumption, it just took any consignment from any vendor and it represent a problem because I should use the stock from the vendor who is asking us to fulfill the delivery. Finally we decide to include the vendor as business partner in the EWM outbound delivery as business partner (71XXXXXXXX is the customer and 70XXXXXXXX the vendor)

Tomorrow I will work with a developer and explore the BADI suggested by M.N. Phani Sai and check if it allows me read the business partner for the Stock Selection during the Good Issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning M.N. Phani Sai:

Thank for your suggestion. We found a way to provide the desired vendor in the Outbound Delivery. Tomorrow I will explore with a Developer with the BADI /SCWM/ES_CORE_RMS_INT and validate if can we read the vendor business partner for the reading and filter the quants in the selection. I will keep everyone in this message posted.

Regards

Jose Luis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

let me first try to understand this: "In the receiving process the Party Entitled to Dispose with the plant PL1000 as expected and the Owner with the BP Vendor."

What is Plant PL1000? That is the logistics service provider?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Jurgen:

Thanks for take time in checking this message. Your understanding is correct PL1000 is just the 3PL service provider but never the owner of the product. The owner of the product is any 3rd party who sign a contract with the Logistic Service Provider. We are using consignment stock to identify from the ERP who is the actual owner of the product.

In earlies discussions we had the idea of having different materials for each vendors but after analyzing in more details we decide it wouldn’t be wise because it may happen to have two vendors (both distributors and customer of my 3PL party) who may have bought to the same manufacturer, the same product from the same batch. I having two products for this I would have faced problem with the assignment and reading the barcode for the EAN/UPC, so that is why we decide use consignment stock to handle this scenario.

Thank you

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, it is clear that the 3PL is not the owner. But I think the 3PL should also not be the Party entitled to dispose. That also should be the customer of the 3PL.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen:

I would be agree with you and I would have expected during the good receipt of the consignment stock have the Party Entitled to Dispose as the same Owner of the product but this is not happening and the Party Entitled to Dispose is being completed with the Plant. I have heard some scenarios where you create several plants in the ERP, one for each customer but the effort that this implies in customizing/master data maintenance wouldn’t be practical for our customer.

Regards

Jose Luis

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how does this ERP system look like? Is it at the 3PL? That does not really make sense in my opinion.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No need to create additional plants.

In this consignment stock first things should be Plant is 3PL and party entitled to dispose should be vendor from whom you are rec. you can write BADI while GR and IBD to populate this party entitled to dispose. If you get this for product you will get owner,party entitled to dispose for stock is vendor and the you can use standard issue logic for same.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj:

Thanks for you message. In fact because we are using consignment stock the Party Entitled to Disposa and the Vendor is being completed with the BP of the vendor, so no problem with the inbound delvery. Our problem is with the outbound because we want use the consignment stock but additionally we want choose from which vendor stock we want use the product.

Thank you

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try with BADI ' /SCWM/EX_CORE_RMS_STRATEGY ' to work with required stock removal strategy and stock removal rule.

It may be work on your requirement.

BR,

C K Reddy

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis,

we have one sort field 'OWNER' to use in the stock removal rules of Goods issue process strategies.

Can you check either it can be useful to pick the specific owner wise stock against outbound delivery.

Please let us know the result,if you test in this way.

BR,

C K Reddy