Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise in pursuing a career in SAP as SAP Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Recently I started my career as sap basis consultant, I have previous experience as oracle DBA for one year,I got one month of basis training in organization just as formality, I am getting quite tough in transformation from oracle to sap? Can You suggest me on this,,

1.Is there any need to take proper training, if yes tell me some institutes in pune..

2.Did I took right decision?

3. How I can adapt here to give my best?

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your Decision is good,if you do not find correct training centre in Pune you can very well opt for Online Training which most of the people are opting for

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I encourage to get trained by SAP authorized training. I know it's bit expensive there compare to some unknown training center, it's well spent to build career. also I suggest follow career center.

hope this helps.

-Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is good that you have a previous experience in Oracle as any kind of technical background is helpful in being a SAP consultant. Don’t worry; your decision of joining SAP is correct so give your best.

Now coming to the training part, as you are in the SAP organization already so with time you will learn, implement and understand many things yourself. Still if you are in need of training so I suggest looking for an online SAP Basis Course. For institutes in Pune, you can consult with your colleagues or someone experience in your company