SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Fiscal Year Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have 2 company code which has two different fiscal year variant. One of them 1000 uses FY variant K4 ( from january to december ) and the other company has FY variant V3 ( from april to march ). We have created 2 FM area and assigned them to company codes. Our client wants to start budget control from april for both company codes 1000 and 2000. But we made a mistake. in FM customizing under public sector, we assigned FY variant K4 for company code 1000 and FY variant for company code 2000. Everything is ok for company code 2000 but I want to change FY variant for 1000. FM area 1000 is deactive now in live system. How can I change fiscal year year variant for 1000? or Is it better to create a new FM area and using this FM area for 1000??

CC : 1000

FM Area : 1000 ( is deactive in live system )

FY Variant ( January - December )

CC : 2000

FM Area : 2000 ( is active in live system )

FY Variant : ( April - March )

Best Regards

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use variant with special periods, then, normally, variant assigned to company code and that assigned to FM area should match.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I assigned variant K4 company code 1000. But its budget period is starting from april. I want to change variant K4 to V3 but the system does not allow me to change it. Is there a way to change  assigned fiscal year to FM area?

Thank you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have actual data posted on this FM area. If 'yes', then you won't be able to change the variant, without deleting first FM data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply Eli.

Which tables should I delete?

Thank you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it production system or sandbox?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is production system. But there are too little posting.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a serious exercise and you have to be ready to face possible consequences, when you are about to reconstruct the data. Technically speaking, you can delete the data via FM_DLFM and then run reconstructions programs, but you have to make sure that you won't encounter any problem during this process.