cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh On Open Issue

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am using Webi report based on SAP HANA.

My BO version is 4.1.

I faced this issue first time, don't know this is issue or some mistake i am doing.

I saved my webi report on launchpad with un-checking Refresh On Open check box.

So technically i should not see prompt while I open the report, and when i click on refresh button I should get prompts.

But in my case when i am opening report at that time i am getting my Webi prompts.

I want to disable this prompt when i open my report.

Can anyone help me on this. ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Sagar Vora

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I think it would be good if we first troubleshoot on where the issue exists.

To check if issue is dependant on HANA or not:

1. Create a sample Webi over any universe (connected to any database but NOT HANA)

2. Put prompts in Webi query.

3. Run and save the report.

4. Open and check if you get prompt window without refresh.

If yes, issue is specific to Webi and not HANA.

If Webi, check on how many users are facing this issue.

Is this issue replicable with BO administrator?

This will help you in funneling down the issue.

If not Webi or rights specific then we need to check with other reports and users using HANA i.e. at HANA level.

When checking the issue in BI Launchpad, clear the browser cache and java cache first and then check.

To clear java cache, go to Control Panel --> Java --> General tab. Click on Settings under Temporary Internet files and choose Delete.

Share the results of above testing as it will help in deciding in which direction the investigation should move.

Regards,

Yuvraj

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if your are getting same prompt window when you will open the report in the rich client?

If you will not get the prompt window in rich client then first try to clear the IF cache and try.

0 Kudos

Amit,

I cleared cache, but still i am getting prompt.

This is very weird, i faced this issue first time.

Same issue for rich client also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar,

Could you specify how you are doing it are you doing it in webi rich client or using launch pad?

Regards,
Sravan.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BI Launchpad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

Could you please confirm after you unchecked that option you saved the report?

Also after refreshing the report could you please check if that option is still unchecked?

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have saved the report after making the changes and still getting the prompt, then probably your administrator has set the below property to enable Refresh on Open for all users :-

0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I saved it properly and i am able to see refresh on open OFF, while opening the report again.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Thanks Kashif

Can you tell me is this setting are in CMC -->Applications-->WEBI ??

OR somewhere else ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the 1st setting is CMC -> Applications -> Web Intelligence.-> Right Click -> Properties

2nd setting : CMC -> Applications -> Web Intelligence.-> Right Click -> User Security then select the BO group to which you belong and Assign Rights.

0 Kudos

Thank You very much Kashif.

I will ask my administrator to do this changes and will get back to you.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to re-iterate the settings i have shared are for enabling refresh on open. You will have to remove those settings to disable refresh on open.

0 Kudos

Hi Kashif,

It din't worked.

It was unchecked earlier, after your suggestion, i checked that option in CMC.

But result was same.