Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization restriction to change RE Object in RECN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a requirement as follows:

Once a contract is saved with a Rental Object, no user should be able to change the rental object unless he/ she has the authorization to do so.

Please advise if we can handle this through basis authorization or have to do certain development

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Just thinking loud, have you tried it using user status.

Let's say there are two user status, INIT and SENT. In the SENT (sent for approval) status, I have forbid all the business transaction (including rental object change or deletion). When user try to edit the contract with user status,"SENT", he will get the message "User Status SENT is active (REC XXXX/XXXXX) and system will not allow any change in the contract.

You may allow few business transaction in this status.

Refer below screen shot for better understanding. I have highlighted the error message, which appear when I try to edit the contract.

Hopefully it should work for you.

Cheers,

Amar

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As far I know, this can't be done through basis authorization. We have already dealt with this kind of scenario before and learned that the solution to validate rental objects is through user exits. You have to ask your ABAP to a create custom validation or user exits using this BADI - BADI_CONTRACT-CHECK_ALL. You may request to your ABAP to add the validation upon clicking the "check" button or saving the contract.

I hope this will address your concern.

Best regards,

George